ducks

rdduck46

shouuld be lots of new arrivals with this full moon and big wind

I was out gunning on Friday, Nov 11, and it was windy. The birds came at intervals and I limited out by 11:30 am. Two drake redheads, three juvie buffies and one american merganser. There weren't any black and white buffies or bluebills seen, so there are still more northern birds up there. Though with the snow blasting out west, maybe they come down this week.

We hunted thursday, saturday and did well, thursday being the better day. Majority - blue bills and red heads with 4 mallards scattered in through the two days. that wind really stired things up on wednesday night, i think it busted up alot of bigger rafts through the night and thursday morning the birds were eager to land in our red/bill set up. saturday was trickier but we managed a limit, just took longer than thursday. I cant beleive all the juvenile bufflehead out there this year......anyone else notice this? must of been a great hatch. I think at one point we counted 15 birds that had accumulated swimming in our rig.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks