Do any of the Marinas in Port burwell have minnows yet

Me n my best friend

Just wondering if any body in Port burwell had minnows yet wanting to get out try the fishing

Last I heard, nobody west of Long Point has been able to get them. I called Angling Sports in London just before they closed on Wednesday and they told me they were told they would have some that day and then didn't get any. When I called them back today, they told me they don't have any and haven't been able to get any for over a month now and they aren't sure when they might get some.

Why?
Is it that the water is still to cold or has there been a large kill?

Dan.

Why?
Is it that the water is still to cold or has there been a large kill?

Dan.

They didn't say. My guess is, it's been fairly windy more often than it hasn't been, which whips the lake up pretty good, so maybe it's just that it's been too dangerous to go out and catch'em???:confused:

Hopefully its not a kill off (?) that would hurt the sport fishing, big time if the fish left the bay and surrounding areas, looking for food?

Dan.

Hopefully its not a kill off (?) that would hurt the sport fishing, big time if the fish left the bay looking for food?

Dan.

Dunno. I've seen periodic posts that people are getting minnows in St Williams, and the Long Point area, but that is too far for me to go. Weather permitting, I'm going to go down to Pt Bruce tomorrow and throw my dip net in alongside the pier and see what happens.

Good luck and let us know how you fair out?

Dan.

Thanks. I always do, but if I can't get any minnows, won't be anything to tell, so you won't hear from me lol.

Give them a phone call first. I knew they had them Last weekend

Sent them a message on facebook, and put their number in my phone. If they don't respond before I leave in the morning I'll call them just so I don't waste my gas to go there if they don't have any. Worse case scenario, I go to Bruce and throw my dip net and hope to catch some. (usually buy a scoop, sometimes 2 so I can get a line in the water right away, and then if I need more I'll throw my net.)

Good luck and let us know how you fair out?

Dan.

Nothing really to tell. Used my dip net, took half an hour to get 4 minnows in the pail before I put a line in, and then 3 hours later I had 14 in the pail. Wasn't much going on, couple guys were catching the occasional catfish, sheephead, or sucker (using worms) and I caught a sheephead (using minnows) Loon floating around by the break wall was nice to see, about a dozen or so cormorants flying around, geese fighting. All in all, a nice day down at the lake.

They need a open season on those comorants wish somone could clean them up. I here dover is hot

Yeah I've heard Dover is hot too, but on a limited income, and the price of gas, right now, that's a little too far for me to go. Given this was the first time out this year, and I know it's still too early for perch at Bruce, even though not unheard of, this was primarily a check the gear trip where I was expecting to get skunked, and didn't, (a fish is a fish right,) I'll take it. Found out that I need to get a replacement net for my dip net, $25 at Angling Sports at the end of the month will take care of that. Was a nice day at the lake, even came home with a sunburn even though I put sunscreen on, (wife let me have it over that again, as she does every time I come home with a burn) Not sure yet when I'm gonna go again, might not be until after the long weekend, might be before, might be both. Depends on weather and how I feel.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks