Coyote's

can't miss

Raining here with lightning, no fish today?
Does culling coyotes control their population?? Myself, I don't know.
I have dabbled in hunting coyotes, calling them in, but not really put much time into it. Also have shot a few to close to my buildings and livestock.
There is a group out this way that hunt them all winter, seem's every yr when I chat it up with them, they get between 80 to 130 coyote's yearly in the area they hunt.
But that's my question, following yr, there's that many again. I've read a few articles about resident packs vrs new establishment, increased breeding when their population is thinned. Just wondered what other's thought's are?

Yes calling for coyotes or hunting them in a gang or with dogs helps to control there population
the thing is there is not enough guys doing it it can be a lot of work for not much give back i do a lot of predator calling
and have take'n a few that way but there is just so many of them that you shoot one and 2 more take it's place im sure if it was made more
worth a persons time more guys would do it.I can see if a pack gets thinned out they would act on it by having more pups just to ree establish there pack
But its getting so bad you clean out one bush with in 2 days you can go back and hunt it again and get a coyote ore two i'm in Smithville and any give'n
night i can go out side and i can hear two separate packs howling and have heard them almost right in town .But to answer your question i would say
yes to more breeding going on out there

Studies I read say that you have to eliminate at least 70% of the population just to keep them in check . I also agree that you get rid of one and there always another to take it's place . Although i don't agree with it , we have pushed bush ( not even large bushes ) and shot 1 or 2 out of them one day , only to go back the " NEXT WEEK " and see or shoot 1 or 2 more . It's the returning to the same spot too often part I don't agree with . They get pretty hip quick once the season starts . As long as there is a food source , I'm sure there is always some near by . It's once the food source gets scarce , that the hunting gets harder . They gotta eat , winter or not , so the I'd think they'd be travelling and night hunting when the weathers good and holding up in the thick stuff when it's not . You're right about not enough people are doing it . But it costs time , money and gas and if you are not keeping the furs or there isn't a bounty , it's an expensive hobby . Especially when you're freezing your butt off in a tree line and there's nothing happening . But I like rabbit and venison and I " love coyote hunting" . Sometimes you just gotta spend a little more to get what you want . Just make that 1st shot count so you're not spending it on ammo to . By the way Gunner what's on their menu in Smithville ? We're usually within a couple miles of chicken and sheep barns or deer country in Simcoe .

Here's 5 they missed.

Attachments

• 69a.jpg
    69a.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 47
Cant miss... don't associate with those guys they hunt the way you don't like you know those bad awful drives oh and they even chock it up with awesome yipping hounds too. Remember you don't like hose hunters.

Hey Magnum 3 what's on there menu down here we have chicken/turkey barns/calves/sheep/and deer.
my buddy had a hobby farm about 5 years ago and they had a coyote taking there young goats they would see it
every 3rd day at the same time of the day they had me set up and it was like he new i was there to take him out he would
never show up until i was gone would never come to a call then one day my buddy had called me and told me that they found it dead
in the field and think it was kicked by there horse it had a broken jaw

Yes, from the thousands of pictures I have from that year round camera there are only 2 others with coyotes and they are both singles.

Hey Magnum 3 what's on there menu down here we have chicken/turkey barns/calves/sheep/and deer.
my buddy had a hobby farm about 5 years ago and they had a coyote taking there young goats they would see it
every 3rd day at the same time of the day they had me set up and it was like he new i was there to take him out he would
never show up until i was gone would never come to a call then one day my buddy had called me and told me that they found it dead
in the field and think it was kicked by there horse it had a broken jaw
Gunner . Shotguns , bows , dogs or horses .Whatever works . ONE MORE DEER KILLER DOWN !!!! Wack em and stack em !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks