Coyote's last night?

can't miss

Damm thing's costing me sleep?
Living in the rural, and in the bush, pretty used to them? See and here them more in the fall and winter, but last night seemed just wrong? Local hunt groups here do well all winter long, and I sting them if they encroach the rest of the year. Also keep a large outdoor dog, who doesn't share his turf well, Lassie has a dark side for yotes, seen the results.
He's a working dog, has a boundary and purpose, have watched him late at night make his rounds then retire back to deck couch.
He has a alarm bark you seldom hear, many times have woke up to racoon, possum, skunk or yote, dead in the yard, and never heard a thing? Last night, 1AM, was the grab the rifle howl?
Damm thing, (yote), was staying out of dog's electric zone, and flash lite, but would not stop barking, went on for 20 minutes or more, barking so much like domestic dog, at first thought it was another stray\drop off. Near the end of this, yote howl became more prevalent. Then again at 4AM, out front of property at the road, howling this time, more then 1, sounded like 21, prob only a couple???
Seen them in Feb so hungry they'll almost knock on the patio door, but not this time of year? My guess is young of this year feeling their oats??

That sounds very strange! Barking like a dog?? Who'd have thought? Maybe a cross breed yote with a farm dog or something? I have heard of stray dogs running with packs before. From what I've experienced yotes are very intelligent and crafty little buggers!!

Yeah for the last couple weeks they have been doing the same barking and yipping I would gusss it is the young ones there are lots of them around again this year I'm south west of harley here

Let me know where your located . We generally hunt more Nanticoke way , but if you have access to the property around you we could come out and put a dent in them this winter .

270 from back porch works 5 or 6 times in the fall and winter here last year the local guys here shot 12 in the 4 blocks surrounding my farm here. a few of the other farmers sniped a few. around 20 where removed aNd there are at least that many again this year .every evening they are howling here.

270 from back porch works 5 or 6 times in the fall and winter here last year the local guys here shot 12 in the 4 blocks surrounding my farm here. a few of the other farmers sniped a few. around 20 where removed aNd there are at least that many again this year .every evening they are howling here.
Studies say that at least 70% must be removed just to keep the balance in check . We notice as long as there is a good food source , you can remove 2 or 3 every few weeks and there will be others there to take their place. Just have to stay on them . Do you have poultry barns or livestock . They love the goodies in the manure and the rodents near by as well .

wow that many coyotes...that is alot of trouble makers...they defiantely need to be managed in your area..

I just wondered if they are dangerous to handle after you kill one?...mange caused by parasites... could cause a risk to humans...I would be using gloves just in case...I don't think rabies is a threat anymore like it used to be...

I know one thing cook your wild meat thoroughly...my ex girl friends room mate ate caribou meat that was not fully cooked...she ended up having surgery to remove a portion of her liver...she contacted parasites from the caribou meat. They were living on and eating her liver for over a year...she was terribly sick and fatigued and finally hospitalized...Doctors at university hospital in london finally diagnosed the living parasites in her liver...the doctors were astonished....

A preventative method is to freeze your wild meat. After 6 months, it is said the meat should be free of parasites? They also reccommed fully cooking your wild meat. Black bear can have some type of risk...I forget the name of it?...anyway I eat moose, deer and bear regularly and luckily have not had any parasite problems yet..

Last edited:
wow that many coyotes...that is alot of trouble makers...they defiantely need to be managed in your area..

I just wondered if they are dangerous to handle after you kill one?...mange caused by parasites... could cause a risk to humans...I would be using gloves just in case...I don't think rabies is a threat anymore like it used to be...

I know one thing cook your wild meat thoroughly...my ex girl friends room mate ate caribou meat that was not fully cooked...she ended up having surgery to remove a portion of her liver...she contacted parasites from the caribou meat. They were living on and eating her liver for over a year...she was terribly sick and fatigued and finally hospitalized...Doctors at university hospital in london finally diagnosed the living parasites in her liver...the doctors were astonished....

A preventative method is to freeze your wild meat. After 6 months, it is said the meat should be free of parasites? They also reccommed fully cooking your wild meat. Black bear can have some type of risk...I forget the name of it?...anyway I eat moose, deer and bear regularly and luckily have not had any parasite problems yet..
I don"t think " I " will have a problem with eating under cooked coyote . Just the smell of them turns me off . Just wack em and stack em . Someone wants the furs , it's their problem to clean them too . LOL I tend to use rubber gloves anymore , as they are cheap to buy , light to carry and your hands stay cleaner and warmer during the deer hunt .

it is said mountain lion or cougar is very good eating?....the only pussy i enjoy is the 2 legged kind...but it has to be cleaned and dressed first...

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks