Fishing Report Cochrane, ont.

Puddle Jumper

I just got back from an 18 day Cochrane fishing / hunting / camping trip.
Although water was extremely high and cold when I got there 43% surface temp. We caught allot of walleye . early on was mostly small-eater size and all males , but as weather got better and water warmed up started catching bigger fish and spawned out females.

Saw 30+ bear sightings (18-20 different bears) , 2 moose , and a lite,
2017-05-30_11.32.25.jpg 2017-06-03_21.41.39.jpg 2017-06-05_09.01.10.jpg brown wolf, A friend of mine harvested a small black bear, and 20+ snowshoe hare also. We seen 25-30+ rabbits everyday....unblievable

Yes it was a great trip.....weather wasn't very nice the first 10 days....allot of rain and high wind days....but made the best of it anyway....glad I had a propane heater in my tent

Great trip. those northern walleye are delicious, i am leaving june 23rd for a flyin out of Nakina with Twin Lake Outfitters, cant wait....jojo
Although we used both live minnows and salty's....we found they needed a little flash ....so we used twister tales(orange.white,green) on the jig and tipped with a minnow....also had a stand-out or drop shot hook 6-10" from jig......water was cold, high, and fast moving when I was up.

Back