Christmas Dinner 2022

hvyhaul

Farm Boy 🤪 :ROFLMAO: 😁

Ordered it a while back. The Wife and I went out this morning, picked it up and delivered it to the middle daughter's house.

All she has to do is a 2 hour warmup, hope she manages. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

We will wander over in the afternoon and have dinner with them on Christmas Day. 🌻

Turkey was excellent, sides were disappointing.

Garlic mashed were gone quickly

Stuffing, Meh, nobody has come up to the level of the Wife's

Brussels, Radicchio and ??? made for a very bitter veg dish. Maddy's Maple Syrup made it a really good side.

Carrots and turnip also didn't cut it
Addition of some demerara sugar took care of that..

Today we're prepping for family turkey at our son's home.

So far today
  • Picked up the turkey
  • Wife made a cheese cake
  • I sliced and diced carrots and onions (after sharpening knives wife is banned) 🤪
  • I grated blocks of Swiss cheese
  • Wife prepped her stuffing for tomorrow
  • Wife made three casseroles
Damn I love going somewhere else for a celebration and you don't have to do anything. LOL

Just found out the sour cream used, two kids can't eat, so here comes another veggie dish. 🌻

Excellent play by play hvyhaul and a lot of work!
For 2 xmases before we moved down to the Ridgeway area.
We would pack up presents, bring the turkey and fixings and home made desserts along with traeger meats for charcouterie board and do the white knuckle limited visibility trek from Kincardine. Neighbours kept the laneway open between blasts of snow and checked the house and fed the shed cats.
We did up tourtieres this year with bison and pork luckily ahead of the big day-it was great warmed up on the camp stove during 3 days of power outage. And the DeLuca fresh lasagne from Port Colborne we had was excellent last night with the grandlad's family and was worth the wait in line at their store front to get it-kinda reminded me of Seinfeld 'no soup for you' when it was my turn to receive one lol.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks