canvasbackca your liven the dream

ship wrecked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dgdi2BbXAfg

Thanks for the link, ship wrecked -- I'd not seen that video before. The first guy on the video, Todd Merendino, did his Ph.D. with me at Western in the early '90s. His first job was with TX Parks and Wildlife setting up / managing WMA's on the coast. They are run just like Long Point as Todd had done a lot of hunting at the LP WMU when he was a student and thought that it was a good set-up.

As the video suggests, the numbers of waterfowl on the lower TX coast are phenomenal. About 80% of the continental Redhead population winters here and Sandi and I see many thousands of them every time that we're hunting -- lots of them in range. :)

Hello Dave,

I remember reading the article about Todd in the DU or DW magazine a few years ago and how he set up the Texas WMA under discussion.

I also remember reading another article in the DU magazine about how the majority of the Redhead population winters along the west part of the Texas coast down to the Laguna Madre in Mexico.

I have seen more Redheads at Long Point this year than ever before often right in my own back yard.

Jerome

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks