Calling Coyote's

can't miss

Looking for any advice on calling coyotes? I am using a rabbit distress call, but this is new to me. Have been out a few time's now, and have had yote's moving my way, but not to where I want them. I am watching the wind, and am well camo'd.
Thanks

I have been calling coyotes for many years now i am finding that
the coyotes are getting wise to a rabbit screamer i would have them come out
but mot commit so i changed things up and started to use howls and pup in distress and coyote decoy
as coyotes are highly territorial the howls are working well and reeldrag is right a motion
decoy will increase the odds as well but try to change things up don't rely on just a rabbit in distress
good luck to you let us know how things work out for you .

Add a silohet of a red fox to your display and it might just make them commit. Yotes hate foxes.

try a mouse squicker to get them too close distance to finish shot....works well for fox, havn't had chance to try on yotes yet

This seems like good advice they are giving you with decoys and changing up for pup distress , howls , close range mouse squeaks and so on . Although we mostly push bush in the winter , I've been brushing up on calling because i don't always have the time , or the weather isn't cooperating when i do . I plan on buying an e -caller shortly . One with a multiple sound feature . From all I've read and watched on eastern coyote hunting , these suggestions "should " help . But in some ways it's just like deer hunting . The minute you think you got them figured out whether pushing or calling is the time when they throw out the curve ball . Best i could add is don't over call , give a stand at least one half hour before you move . Try to be as stealthy both coming in and leaving a stand . Even when parking your vehicle . If they have been pressured or shot at before they'll be twice as jumpy when they see trucks stop , people moving or hear doors slamming , even from a distance . Last year we hand a bust of a morning hunt(weather ), so we quit and went for a drive to figure it out . Found one standing a good 500 yds ., out there . But we made the mistake of stopping right away instead of circling and parking out of sight . He busted us right away . Only stopped once to pop his head up out of a low spot and once again before he dove into a bush and kept on truckin' . Best advice of all is get out there and try their suggestions . If one doesn't work try another . You'll find some things work better than others but sometimes depending on the time of year , what worked in fall doesn't always work during say mating season . If you really get frustrated , call up some buddies and start pushing bush . Best of luck .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks