burwell report

highhopes

went down Friday nite for a early start saterday tried for some perch first but the calm waters was telling me to go deep so out to 60ft and started trolling went to 68ft and moved around and marked a lot off bait but no eyes to show for it one bow that hit so hard it snapped my line then came strait up and out off the water with my spoon between his teeth and that was the last we saw of that spoon lol water temt was around 57 & 58 degrees based on the bait it wont be long now .

Burrell is going to be some time before we get any decent fishing we were in erieau on Friday for 3 hours never moved a rod buddy put his boat back on trailer and we all headed to leamington fished west side of point pelee started at one on Friday and by Saturday 3 boats had landed 80 walleye. Only thing we can hope for is lots of hot weather to get them moving might be and of july before Burrell gets good.

how far out are the walleyes in leamington? was really choppy...2 footers until 2 pm saturday..I was pulling spoons in 40 ft of water and nothing but silver bass...I saw a charter with huge walleyes at his cleaning station... they must be out 5 miles...water temp was reading 58 on my fish finder..thanks in advance for any info

Thanks Dman..was contemplating that area has good depth...first time at leamington nice marina....did you port out of Wheatly by chance? Not sure where to launch, have a 16fter with a 50 merc so travelling out more than five mile can be a little dicey! lol.. Thanks in advance
SB

Friday looks good so hope to see Greg at bruce and the new ramp, trolling for eyes and bows sounds like they are starting to be cooperative lol.. thanks for the reports guys will let you know, hope it doesn't turn out wavey like saturday. Does anyone have a reliable nautical forecast site? NOAA is full of sh%$#@t
Thanks in advance
SB

We launched in leamington at the municipal launch beside ferry went out aboutm8 miles but if the wind is in right direction u will be goo

Back