Burwell marina for sale

Wow. Debby only purchased this from Mike a year ago and seemed very dedicated. This has been a great place to stay and launch for many years. Here's hoping new ownership will be the same.

It would seem that the marina business and the land are two totally separate things. LPRCA has owned that land for years and reading the auction link it basically says the land is for sale by the LPRCA but the buyer has to honour the existing lease agreement (i.e the marina). Not sure why they would sell the land but it would seem that the marina business will carry on as it is at least until the lease is up. I'm not stating this as fact but that's what it looks like.

I don't know who would buy it under those terms. It leaves all the liability and onus on the purchaser to prove the title, survey, lot size etc and resolve or assume liability for any environmental issues that may arise plus deal with the current leasee and terms of the leash, with a deadline of tomorrow (y)
Don't know when it was originally posted but seems like short notice to meet all of those conditions. They must figure it's really valuable and just want to wash their hands of it and absolve themselves of all future responsibility.

Looks like you are right G. Mech; a lease would potentially remain.

Not sure how long this has been for sale as only heard about this the other day, but the Adobe document properties says it was created Nov. 15th, so it must have been posted sometime after that.

Looks like you are right G. Mech; a lease would potentially remain.

Not sure how long this has been for sale as only heard about this the other day, but the Adobe document properties says it was created Nov. 15th, so it must have been posted sometime after that.

I saw that too, but as @quackers says it's certainly not a long time to do all the research and 'due-diligence' necessary on that piece of property especially when the minimum bid is $800,000 and there a number of 'encumbrances' involved. Seems strange that it would just come up for sale and be a done deal in only 3 weeks....anybody have any intel on what the LPRCA's motivation is??? Is there a purchaser already lined up? I worked as a summer student for the LPRCA back in the early 80's (or so) and back then it was a conservation area with nothing but a picnic table or two and some overgrown willow trees. I'm not sure when the marina was developed but it certainly wasn't there then.

Maybe they can't afford the property tax. I am just guessing this may be the reason as Bayham
township has a $6 million sub to pay for.

Last edited:
I cannot imagine who would offer any bid with the conditions stated.

The one and only person who the deal was set up for likely placed a bid......not sure who but it would seem that this was all set up for someone who wanted it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks