Boat Camo Paint

brentr

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Would any one know where to get flat dead grass or tan coloured tremclad paint for boat blind and boat. Tried Can Tire,Napa etc. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Try: Lock 8 Equipment & Marine
266 Killaly St W
Port Colborne, ON L3K 6A6
(905) 834-9494

They sell a lot of marine equipment and paint at usually reasonable prices. If not see if they can order it.

I bought two quarts from proctor marine in simcoe wasn't cheap but it has stood up good, I think I got lund marsh grass.

I just poke around any paint stores as they usually have "returns" that are a beige/tan colour in a flat or satin acrylic latex and the price is right ! Just give your boat a good wash to get rid of any oils and slap it on inside and out ! You may find heavy traffic areas appear after awhile and can be primed or touched up with Krylon spray.

Home hardware and TSC stores carry Krylon Camo paints in aerosol cans that dry fast and hold up well..

Happiness is a day on the ice

For all our duck boats I have used paint from Howey Hardware in Port Rowan . They have several fomulas of paint used by Turkey Point Club ,Long Point Company and several other individual hunters own mixtures .I am sure they can mix you up a gallon .I have used it on our aluminum boats for years and also my fiberglass Scott Canoe Duckboat and the paint sticks very well with a touch up on some spots year to year

Was able to get the paint, a few pics of the before product after welding, will post the final shortly.

http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac155/barenn/

Bottom is 20" and top is 23", not sure if it ends up being to high,,, so far so good. Will put to the test this week

Finished result.
http://s895.photobucket.com/albums/ac155/barenn/Finished%20Blind/

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks