bluff bar

moocow

Out of curiosity, has anyone ever tried going to Bluff Bar ice fishing? I know most winters would prevent one from traveling that far but this year I don't see this as an obstacle.

Often thought about it. I think @Big Dave did tell of riding out past Pottohawk once, but he just may have been lost. A few perch and pike are not worth the risk for me :chicken:.

There is a large Area of open water where the Inner Bay meets the Outer Bay.

Cheers, Clark

Back in the early 70's I made an attempt to cross at Pottahawk :banghead::banghead: just to see what it looked like. It's diffently not worth it. A guy at work was asking about going off Hastings for some perch, another :banghead::banghead: All I said to him was his wife might be cashing in his life insurance.

Once you get out of the inner bay it's a totally different world. The pack ice is rough and constantly moving. If you try to stay close to land you have to negotiate all the inlets where the ice is inconsistent due to the currents. If you run into trouble out there your only hope is a good cellphone and a speedy response from a coastguard helicopter (they will pick you up but all your equipment stays on the ice). Not worth it.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks