Big boy

All I've been seeing are Does and most of them with little ones. Good breeding year ? In my 25 years of deer hunting I am yet to shoot a worthy rack worth the cost of mounting. Hope you see your "Big Boy" in the Fall !

Good one to get on camera. Hopefully he stays around! Will be great to see him full grown without any velvet and with any luck youll get a shot at him come season!

I find pictures during summer and early fall are just inventory of really whats around. I shot the biggest buck ever last year, never had a picture of him at all. i do hope you get to see this guy in your sights this fall, good luck

Nice but id rather eat a doe. I just think they taste better.
I've had big old bucks taste great and and big old does taste like garbage.
My best tasting deer was a 5.5 year old buck that died a long drawn out death. Was hot as hell and just all around bad recipe for a good tasting deer. shot and hit liver and one lung, deer was alive 6 hours later when we found him. Was by far the best eating deer I've ever had, and multiple people that ate it couldn't believe is was deer let alone the story of how things happened.

I've had big old bucks taste great and and big old does taste like garbage.
My best tasting deer was a 5.5 year old buck that died a long drawn out death. Was hot as hell and just all around bad recipe for a good tasting deer. shot and hit liver and one lung, deer was alive 6 hours later when we found him. Was by far the best eating deer I've ever had, and multiple people that ate it couldn't believe is was deer let alone the story of how things happened.
After bleeding out for 6 hours from a liver/lung shot he didn't have any testosterone left in him ? My brother the butcher says aging meat is basically "temperature over time" but he added control over humidity and air flow is also a factor. Normally you dry age meat at 40 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 or 40 days as it allows the natural enzymes to break down the cells in the meat making it more tender. I don't think I've ever had a bad tasting deer from Norfolk County.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks