Best time of year for perch?

sterlingz

Hey folks,

I see some people are starting to have some success with perch in shallowish waters. My brother loves perch and wants me to take him out at some point, so I'd like to start planning for that.

Just wondering what would be the best time to plan a trip for, tentatively? Is mid October usually the best? We can both get time off easily and on short notice.

As far as the approach, I've got that on lockdown. And I'll get my minnows from up here considering they seem hard to find down south!

Appreciate any pointers!

Hey folks,

I see some people are starting to have some success with perch in shallowish waters. My brother loves perch and wants me to take him out at some point, so I'd like to start planning for that.

Just wondering what would be the best time to plan a trip for, tentatively? Is mid October usually the best? We can both get time off easily and on short notice.

As far as the approach, I've got that on lockdown. And I'll get my minnows from up here considering they seem hard to find down south!

Appreciate any pointers!
If you don't mind running the 17 miles to Hastings they r there in good number right now and I expect them to be there a while. We have been fishing 51 feet with good numbers and size. Hope this helps

I did the 17 miles 50fow rolled up and grabbed three fast , around 11", hung and for an hour .... started back east for some pics stopped half way for a few more perch ! Ten in total. Went to my last waypoint in 60fow spent a couple hours pulling a bit of everything around , 4 off leadcore , 2 riggers and two off dipsy. Sadly lost a hog off rigger NASCAR spoon ! Great Lake great weather and great day ! Fish on

Attachments

• IMG_1905.JPG
    IMG_1905.JPG
    554.3 KB · Views: 53
By shallowish water I'm guessing that you were thinking of more the inner bay, I've been fishing it looking for perch as well with finding non stop action in front of st Williams. Unfortunately 9/10 fish atleast were throwbacks

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks