Animals needed for scientific purpose and projects

dj92

Hello everyone, I looking for any trappers, or hunters that have 1 or 2 animals they would be willing to donate for scientific purpose. I will be performing an autopsy on the animal and also tanning the pelt for a school assessment. Looking for any type of furbearing animal thats is in good condition, with minimal damage. PM if you are interested.

Due to rabies I can not accept Raccoons, or Skunks. Canids, otters, beaver, minks, muskrats, and other furbearers animals are welcome.

Thank you for your consideration

Sounds a bit odd to me. You work for PETA?

As i said before its for scientific studies and assessment at college. I doubt PETA would want dead animals for autopsy

Still seems odd, all the specimens you request would either show tell tale signs of leg hold or conibear kills. My apologies if I called this wrong but
that organization will stop at nothing.

I am a local to Norfolk County and home for reading break. It is for Sir Sandford Fleming College School of Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences, Lindsay, ON. Courses: Wildlife Ecology and Management, and Animal Pathology. If you request further information I will send course outlines and PDF files of the assignment, and personally contact via telephone.

Please accept my apologies dj92. I've read on many outdoor sites where first posters have tried to start debate about ethical hunting and fishing and trapping practises. They receive their bounty or statements and then that becomes more cruelty pictures and ammo against sportsman. Good luck on your career.

Maybe a call to Simon's taxidermy might help you get a couple names of local trappers you could call.

It's getting kind of late in the season. Maybe take a drive look for road kill, or coyotes on fence posts. And ask nicely.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks