amazing bullhead

chefboyardee

so i caught 2 bullheadl last night and was going to try them as i have never eaten them , but heard lots about them. put them in the back of the truck and forgot about them till this afternoon. (my bad) .

ne ways get home at 4 oclock this afternoon, and the bag starts kicking like crazy im oh yeah,:eek: being amazed that they were still kicking in the bag and covered in grass and bank debris. i thought for shits and giggles ill see what happens, if i put them in my neighbours little plastic pond . shazam away they swim and as of now still swimming strong . i cant belive it, but this species has crazy stories in there blood line.

if there still swimming in the morning here going back in the lake if not ill eat them but , just a toughness of bullheads is amazing to me .:geek:

I had one that I filleted and placed the carcass back in the water, ... yep it swam away. I thought it was dead, but I guess it wasn't.

Just last night I was channel surfing and they were showing a breed of catfish walking some distance to get back in the water. How do they know where the water is? I would scare the beejeezus out most adults, not many kids, when after cleaning a Pike I would take the beating heart on the end of my finger tip and play 20 questions with everyone. Once I told them what it was the ehhhing and yucking and basic guttural objections are heard at high decibels, and those were the adults , most of the kids were not shocked. We drove from Port Severn to Hamilton and put the fish on the lawn to divvy up the catch between us. A Pike was flopping around like it was just pulled from the water, who knows how long that fish was out of water? Things like that amaze me.

Chef, no reports of Bullhead running through the creek yet, a few here and there but not like when they are on fire after dark.

Bull head are great pan fried with a cornmeal dusting in butter. $12.00 a pound, or more, down south.

Cats can breath out of water for extended periods of time. Not for ever but long time if cool enough

Channel cats are just as tough. I've seen some pretty cruel but amazing things they have done like live in a kids pool for weeks in the blazing hot sun with no food. After some coaxing this cat was released back into the lynn river where it still probably lives .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks