3-2-1 go!

Crummybun

3 hours of smoking at 180°f.✅
2 hours of foil at 225°f ✅
Now for 1. Should be eating by 7, guess starting at 11am was a little late.... Can't wait.

Attachments

• 20220527_142418.jpg
    20220527_142418.jpg
    346.5 KB · Views: 19
It was well worth the wait @hvyhaul. Very easy overall, I will definitely do it again. Next time I would like to try the pineapple juice instead of apple juice this recipe called for. We also did asparagus on the Traeger and it was pretty amazing imo.

Attachments

• 20220527_184528.jpg
    20220527_184528.jpg
    340.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220527_174150.jpg
    20220527_174150.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 25
  • 20220527_183326.jpg
    20220527_183326.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 25
Treagers seem to produce pretty doggone good grub @Crummybun

I recommend using their drip pans and spray cleaner, easy cleaning and the stuff actually works. You'll need the blue shop towels, regular towels just shred to bits. 🌻

Thanks @hvyhaul, I washed what I could in hot soapy water didn't want to use anything to abrasive before I did my homework. I believe the grills are porcelain coated and the drip tray looks like stainless to me. Do you use any type of scrubber or just give it a once over to get the big stuff? Thanks Ben

What I do is replace the drip tray (you could use foil but the trays fit really well) when it gets too much gunk on it. I have a metal scraper that I gently use to remove build up and then spray and let sit for a bit and then spray again and wipe it down.

It works on the outside just fine too.

The grates clean surprisingly easily, but I will pressure wash them outside the grill if I needed.

You'll need to clean, scrape the gunk out of the drip channel periodically to avoid possible grease fires.

I change the pail liner before it fills up. Brisket and shoulders release a lot of fat, ribs, chicken etc, not so much.

It's never going to look like it did new, but it will look "kept" lol. 🌻

spray.jpgtray (1).jpg

Last edited:
The grill has canned msgs reminding you of housekeeping tasks, I always deep clean after a brisket or shoulder cook, they're just dirty pieces of meat. LOL

Some msgs won't let you relight until they are cleared from the menu. 🌻

That's not bad. My ribs left a bit more of a mess. In all the excitement I forget to use the complimentary trays that were included.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks