Search results

1. Y

Now this is a big pike!

That picture has been around for a while. I think that fish was caught in England, they grow some monsters over there in what we would call a pond. Does anyone kwnow if European pike are the same as north american pike? I understand they have a walleye like fish there called zander that look...
  2. Y

St Willys ice

Maybe it's you Bobo, just sayin
  3. Y

In Line Boards

I find it amazing that guys are using those in line boards for walleye. I mean between the board, a jet or dipsey, and lure and bait what play do you get out of a 4lb eye? I mean it has to be like reeling in a log. If you have a 14 footer and can't run a mast and boards ok, but other than that...
  4. Y

Winter bows

Icefisherman is one of the best sources of real info on this site, and one heck of a fisherman from what I can see. He trys to help anyone that asks. It's funny how the guys that never post any information or anything positive, are right there questioning this guy; an obvious case of jealousy. I...
  5. Y

huron tribs

If there is minimal spawning habitant and nursery capacity on the stream I would think that later spawning fish just fan up the eggs of the early spawning fish so that a harvest of adult fish would not matter much. Like you say, there is minimal reproductive potential. That is what a Norfok...
  6. Y

Any Ryerse action yet?

Hey wasn't that Quinner guy the one that was trying to get a sancuary somewhere where he saw someone (other than himself) catching a fish? Great idea, close more water to anglers. There is a certain element in the angling fraturnity that just can't handle the fact that other people want to fish...
  7. Y

Friday Port Bruce

Yes, nice to have a disscussion about fish technique and tackle rather than a couple of peckerheads braggin cause they were on fish!
  8. Y

Pt Colbourne Eye's

There's lots of fish to the east, off sherkston and east of Abino, I haven't been any closer to port than that. Everything is deep, 40 jets. riggers at 50ft plus, big dipseys, and small ones just off bottom. Worms and spinners, body baits off riggers. Just go fish, you will catch walleys and...
  9. Y

"go to" bow spoons

I tried to pin East basin trout down years ago and found it a fun chase.The best spoon seemed to change from day to day, but NKs regular and mags we always good. I liked silver with a orangwe stripe. But green (Northport Nailer), monkey puke, copper backs (Pirate), they all had their days. What...
  10. Y

First try at Trolling

The easiest thing to do is troll with the wind on your stern. downwind instead of into the wind. You need a connection between the kicker and the main motor for the best steering, but if they are not connected keep the main motor in the water and you should have enough steering control to troll...
  11. Y

Port colbourne walleye

It's too early for wallleye offf of Pt. Colborne. You might scrape up a fish or two, but there is never much of a bite till the water getss to 60.
  12. Y

Rainbow Fishing

Thanks guys. Catch em all!
  13. Y

Rainbow Fishing

I would like to come to the Central Basin and fish Bows for a couple of days this summer and I am looking for advice. Which port is the best (Lemington, Burwell, Glasgo) and what would you say is the peak week or two. I know there are no garentees with fishing but I'm sure you guys can point me...
  14. Y

444 International Walleye Tournament

There are some new guys running this tourney and they have really revitalized it. These guys actually fish, (unlike the guys that ran it before) and they do a good, honest, job. The profits from it go directly into walleye enhancment, as this club has run a successful hatchery and stocked many...
  15. Y

what line for rigging rods?

Unless you are runnjing dipseys I can't see any advantage in running braid, you just lose a lot more fish, especially if you don't have experience with it. The lack of strech makes it easier for them to tear the hooks out, or tear a lip. Plus the stuff is a nightmare if you get it tangled. (I...
  16. Y

Leadcore

What you want to do is keep an open mind around depth. Just cause you want to fish 30ft. deep does mean that is what the fish want. Change your depth a few feet now and then till you find the depth that is working and then go with that. Boat speed, current, wieght, lure type, and so on all make...
  17. Y

fort myres today

Hey I'm just curious, how do you know that bull shark was 14.5 ft and not 15ft? Did you bring it in the boat and tape it? How do you get them to hold still? COME ON MAN
  18. Y

Erie Whitefish??

I've talked to a guy that works on the comercial boats at the Eastern end of Erie and they have been netting lots of whitefish since they made a come back after the zebra mussels cleared the water. Aparently the lake is full of them, or at least was a few years ago. (I have not talked to him...
  19. Y

Taking Trout off the Reds?

You are right, I have not seen the area and was just talking in general. Like I said, if the people are liciened and in season there is no problem. If they are fishing out of season can you not call the MNR? I do not mean this as a personal attack, and I comend you for trying to do what you...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks