Search results

1. B

Delaney Outfitting?

That is simply NOT TRUE --has never happened --please verify your facts before stating things like that
  2. B

Delaney Outfitting?

Whoops I see the problem --the website is NOT coming up -- I will check into that immediately thanks-- mean while my phone number is under Simcoe -- the lad in Dunnville works for me
  3. B

Delaney Outfitting?

Hi Rowanhunter --thanks for the interest --yes indeed I am still doing some guiding although not as much as before -- and as long as Stomp doesn't mind I'll give you my website -- Delaneyoutfitting.com --please feel free to call any time Thank you
  4. B

Bluffs pike aug. 18

Pike fishing is wonderful stuff -- Norderns the Americans would say --you got any Norderns up there I'd hear--anyway for about 20 yrs at this time of yr I always fished the long weed bed roughly 1/2 way from Bluff Bar to shore -- the most effective way to catch big pike [we caught 100s] up to...
  5. B

Transporting Minnows

That's a very good question Blake --hope this helps -- the MNR has designated water bodies [usually brook trout] where you CAN NOT use minnows which in effect cuts out any transporting to that particular lake or river -- question is which lakes -- these are all stated in the MNR fishing...
  6. B

perch

You might be disappointed getting minnows locally so bring minnows from where you live Bart -- small creek minnows will work just fine on perch
  7. B

Ivey Dam

This could be a BIG positive for the Lynn River and sportsmen who not only fish it but L Erie adjacent to Port Dover-- river speed will increase and temperature drop -- rainbows browns salmon and possibly walleye will use it for spawning -- I can imagine a big fishery off the piers in Dover...
  8. B

Perch Possession Limits! Please read

Correct me if I'm wrong but there is NO gill netting on the US side of L Erie so that all non target fish are released to swim another day
  9. B

Passing Denny Leeson

I remember him well -- a true gentleman -- terrific hockey player and fisherman --great friend of Hamburg Hutch --long gone himself -- life is too short --especially for us fisherman --may he RIP
  10. B

Question for Big Dave ?

The connection is between water temp, minnows and perch --if the water temps are low --which they are right now -- and the minnows have not left the shore-- they haven't-- then the shallow water fish [not the deep perch] will be close by --which they are --try 8-10' --lots of perch all along the...
  11. B

EAST WINDS?

When strong L Erie winds blow the currents change and thus water temperatures -- so where you found fish on a SW wind you might not on an Easterly but trust me they still bite --you just need to find out where they moved --it's all about knowing the lake
  12. B

saw something I've never seen before in the bay

I'll take a stab at this --sounds like young quill backed carp suckers -- but really need more info to peg it
  13. B

Perch???

if you're in or near weeds and in relatively shallow water --say 9-10' use slip bobbers
  14. B

Big Creek Pike

Very interesting --reminds me of the one I saw in Nov a couple yrs ago while hunting pheasants --and that was 3 roads north of Walsingham at Twin Gullies -- it was sunning itself --had to be 17-20 lbs maybe more --a real biggy -- Big Creek has cool water in the summer --big deep holes and lots...
  15. B

north shore minows

Don't think they did as of Sunday but may now --phone # 519-583-1666
  16. B

Perch???

Try to help you a bit -- was out today --we got 21 really nice perch and 7 bass --all caught in 10-11' --water temp is 70F which makes me think they have moved in from 14' --try any where from just N of Wolley's Point to Normandale --we were some where in that area --good luck
  17. B

combo sunscreen/black flies mosquito protection

This looks like the real thing -- can't take credit for it's founding --came from 'Walleye Central' --use Coppertone SPF30 to protect from the sun and bugs at the same time --it works!
  18. B

Saturday On The Bay - bass, perch, and a bowfin

Courtland go on Ontario Out of Doors Community and put Lake Joseph in 'search' box -- it has lots of L Trout which will be deep now-- not sure about other fish --you'll enjoy looking at the huge, decadent almost, homes/cottages ringing the lake --many from 8000 to as high as 13,000 sq ft
  19. B

response to # fish

I'm not 100% positive if the following is correct --best to ask a CO but to my recollection COs will try to establish that you caught only your limit and no more -- maybe where the confusion was at Orillia -- when you duck hunt you can shoot only shoot 6 legally and not your bud's limit --but we...
  20. B

response to # fish

Reel deal take a deep breath -- I believe what you mean is that when fish or fowl are being transported, and the person responsible is not in possession, then his name and licence number has to accompany any limits OVER your own
Back