Search results

1. B

Lake St. Clair Walleye - when?

The guys I knew that lived down in that area used to tell us that when the lilacs start to bloom it was time to start walleye fishing in St. Clair . There's some around year round but that was when they hit it hard .
  2. B

Detroit river

Sorry , haven't got an updated report for you but keep in mind there is a 150 boat tourny there thus weekend out of Michigan . Restricted to the river only plus the usual weekend crowd . Michigan license on line for $ 11.00 / day if you choose
  3. B

Great Lakes Satellite Images Help

https://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/satellite-data-products/modis/ yeah . they changed the web site some . Takes a couple more clicks but you get there
  4. B

Cayo co co Cuba fishing . Should have stayed longer! Next year 2 weeks!

Pikehunter , have you ever gone or looked into going fresh water ( bass ) fishing while in Cuba ? I've been trying to get any up to date information on going without much luck . The most recent I could find said they had a virus get into their lakes and that the fishing wasn't worth the effort...
  5. B

Off Topic 90 HP Merc main drive wandering

Assuming it's single cable steering , if the motor will swivel without the wheel turning equal amount then one or both of the cable sheath ends have come loose from its connection at the ends or the cable has worn a hole through the sheath itself ( unlikely ). Check for the obvious loose or...
  6. B

Off Topic Aluminum epoxy weld.

you can get Devcon epoxies in larger containers , good stuff . I've bought Devcon liquid steel epoxy in one pound containers and it works real well but it's spendy .
  7. B

Layout advice

It depends on where and how hard you drive but I've always found the taller ram mounts incapable of holding the electronics in position when running in rough water. And that's even using pliers to tighten the clamp. They are nice for adjustability once you arrive though .
  8. B

No trolling equipment

We have caught lots of them using weight forward spinners ( erie dearies , walleye spins etc. ) in the past . Cast them out , count them down with the bail open and reel them in slowly to keep the blades spinning . 2 rods per person you can cover a lot of water .
  9. B

Off Topic Expire on extinguisher?

Years ago , Proctors had the flares priced individually . Don't remember the cost but it was a lot less than replacing the whole kit . Don't know if they even still offer them but might be worth a call .
  10. B

Off Topic Need some advice from you folks that have bought boats south of border, imported boats, etc

I've brought back a couple of them , easy process if you follow the steps outlined above . I pulled mine back once without plates and once the N.Y. dealer lent me his dealer plate to use and I just mailed it back when I got home . I did contact my insurance company to let them know my plans and...
  11. B

Off Topic Float Suit

They will both keep you afloat , which is the main goal , you will get wet in both of them but the one piece will extend survivability by restricting more water movement and thus lose less heat ( hypothermia ) . That's what the straps at the wrists and lower legs are for , restricting water...
  12. B

Nissan 9.8 hp fuel filter 1/2 full

tazmania might have hit on your problem . Some fuel lines inner liners will break down a lot easier than the outer line . It will separate from the outer which allows it to collapse and pinch off fuel supply when there's a higher vacuum on it . It can also allow air to enter through the outer...
  13. B

Chef's of 68 I need your help.

Stick , the oil used in breathing air compressors would probably fit your needs but if I remember properly it was VERY $$$$ .
  14. B

Boat trailer wheel bearings

If you can find the proper replacement hubs great , the only problem you might find is the inside grease seals . Normally the hubs come with the standard single lip grease seals which will work on most applications but some trailer manufacturers use a double or even triple lip seal on their boat...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks