Search results

1. A

Wildwood

I know that Wildwood is no where near the challenge of the Bay, but the winds look pretty rough out of Turkey Point tomorrow. Has anyone fished Wildwood this year & if so, what can be caught there? I assume that the water levels should be ok at this time of year & after the winter that we...
  2. A

Boat Rentals

Boat has been in the shop for a while now & I'm getting very anxious to get out on the water. Does anyone know of a place that rents boats by the day or half day to go out fishing on the inner bay or out to Bluff Bar?
  3. A

Fishing line for Pike

I have a few questions re: what type of line that should be used when fishing for Pike. What kind of line does everyone use when fishing for Pike? Should I be using the wire leader? I have heard of people just using braid & if that is ok, what lb test should be used? Is braid with a...
  4. A

Bluffs

Planning on going out of Turkey Point mid-week next week. Haven't heard anything recently about anyone fishing Bluffs lately. Would there still be anything there or is the water too warm & shallow? I have never fished at Bluffs before, so if there is nothing there, where else around the Inner...
  5. A

Largemouth

Are these still around the Inner/Outer Bay? I am hoping to get out on Saturday, but am not sure where to go. I am launching out of Turkey Point, so is it better to go North towards Normandale or down towards Bait Island or across to Old Cut?
  6. A

Water Depth Near Shore

How is the depth of the water on the shoreline past Bait Island? Since the water levels are generally a bit higher than last year, I was wondering if I might be able to get my 17 ft centre console in near the shoreline past Bait Island. I remember in the past couple of years going towards the...
  7. A

Marine Handheld VHF Radios

What is everyone's opinion of these? Are these worth getting rather than a radio that I have to mount onto my console? Just wondering because if my boat goes down, the console mounted radio won't be of much use, but I don't know about the reliability & distance covered by the handheld...
  8. A

Port Bruce Pier

Arte they catching anything off of the pier in Port Bruce?
  9. A

Winds for Bass Opener

I see that the winds could be up to 10 - 12 kts tomorrow. How do you think this will affect fishing the inner bay tomorrow? Will it be too rough for a 17 ft boa with a 90hp? Seems like I have been waiting for ever for the Sanctuary to be lifted and am very anxious to get out tomorrow am.
Back