Search results

1. A

Wildwood

Thank you. I always thought carp were bottom feeders, but it makes sense that it might be them since none of what we were casting were of any interest to them. I am surprised that we have not caught 1 bass there this year. I would even go for rock bass, but even they aren't biting and...
  2. A

Wildwood

I have now fished for Pike a few times at Wildwood and had reasonable success (averaging 6 pike over about a 4 -5 hour period), but now that the water is warming up they are moving out and deeper. My quesiton now is what are the fish that are jumping out of the water near the middle & deper...
  3. A

Lost my little fishing buddy today

My condolences. Sorry to hear about your loss. She looks like she really enjoyed her time on the water with you.
  4. A

Pike July 4

Nice fish. Do you think that the Pike will still be around Bluffs? I have never been over to Bluffs before and probably should have gone over there earlier in June, but before making the trek over from Turkey Point, I was wondering whether I should just wait until the fall.
  5. A

SM Bass - Long Point Bay - Thursday, July 3rd

Gad to hear that the bite might be back on. Hopefully they are still biting tomorow morning. It as tough on opening day. We only got 1 on a tube & all rest were on cranks as well. I am glad that we weren't only ones using cranks, because I found it odd as we usually catch on tubes and...
  6. A

Sunday bass

Happy to hear that the bite turned on on Sunday. It was tougher on Saturday but still we boated about 40 fish between 3 of us. Unfortunately, most were just rock bass with about 6 - 9 smallies. All were catch & release. Tubes weren't working but cranks seemed to be the trick. The new...
  7. A

Long Point Bass Opener

Been looking forward to this Saturday all week. Just 2 more sleeps then the bite is on.
  8. A

Wildwood

Thanks for the feedback. I wasn't asking about locations to fish on Wildwood, I just wanted to now what kinds of fish might be there at this time of year. It has been a while since I have fished there, but I have to take my boat out on a relatively small & calm body of water to check out how it...
  9. A

Wildwood

I know that Wildwood is no where near the challenge of the Bay, but the winds look pretty rough out of Turkey Point tomorrow. Has anyone fished Wildwood this year & if so, what can be caught there? I assume that the water levels should be ok at this time of year & after the winter that we...
  10. A

Boat Rentals

Boat has been in the shop for a while now & I'm getting very anxious to get out on the water. Does anyone know of a place that rents boats by the day or half day to go out fishing on the inner bay or out to Bluff Bar?
  11. A

Fishing line for Pike

I have a few questions re: what type of line that should be used when fishing for Pike. What kind of line does everyone use when fishing for Pike? Should I be using the wire leader? I have heard of people just using braid & if that is ok, what lb test should be used? Is braid with a...
  12. A

Pike - Bluff Bar - Monday Afternoon May 5th

Perfect. I have never fished the inner bay when the sanctuary is in place, but also never went to Bluffs because I wasn't sure if it was part of the sanctuary. I can't exactly tell where Bluffs is on the sanctuary map so I figured it was better just not go out in case it was part of the...
  13. A

Pike - Bluff Bar - Monday Afternoon May 5th

Is Bluffs Bar part of the Sanctuary and if it is, would be still ok to fish for pike?
  14. A

Bluffs

Thanks ColtPilot. Watching the winds it looks like it will be about 14 kts from the SW. Will it be too rough for me to go out there on a 17 ft boat or is the Bluffs somewhat protected by land over there? Does anyone know if there would be any bass in and around the canals past Bait Island...
  15. A

Bluffs

Planning on going out of Turkey Point mid-week next week. Haven't heard anything recently about anyone fishing Bluffs lately. Would there still be anything there or is the water too warm & shallow? I have never fished at Bluffs before, so if there is nothing there, where else around the Inner...
  16. A

Largemouth

Thank you. I looked around Fisher's Glen last weekend, but couldn't find the rock pile. What depth or how far out from shore is it? Also, do you think that there is any largemouth still around somewhere in either the Inner or Outer Bay?
  17. A

Largemouth

Are these still around the Inner/Outer Bay? I am hoping to get out on Saturday, but am not sure where to go. I am launching out of Turkey Point, so is it better to go North towards Normandale or down towards Bait Island or across to Old Cut?
  18. A

Water Depth Near Shore

How is the depth of the water on the shoreline past Bait Island? Since the water levels are generally a bit higher than last year, I was wondering if I might be able to get my 17 ft centre console in near the shoreline past Bait Island. I remember in the past couple of years going towards the...
  19. A

Marine Handheld VHF Radios

Thank you to everyone who responded. I didn't know that there was such a thing as a Marine Radio Licence & course to take. I will definitely check into those. I don't expect to be going out too far (not sure how far out people go from Port Bruce for perch & walleye) & probably not going to be...
  20. A

Marine Handheld VHF Radios

What is everyone's opinion of these? Are these worth getting rather than a radio that I have to mount onto my console? Just wondering because if my boat goes down, the console mounted radio won't be of much use, but I don't know about the reliability & distance covered by the handheld...
Back