Search results

1. I

Who do we talk to about bringing back pike spearing

Very well put. I agree 100%
  2. I

Please excuse my poor grammar. Let me reword that. If it was ok to spear pike in their spawning beds, does that mean it should be ok to spear walleye and trout in their spawning beds? I would say no to spearing any game fish while they are spawning. Seasons close to let fish spawn for...
  3. I

Does the same ok rule to spear fish in spawning beds apply to walleyes and trout?
  4. I

Off Topic Grocery Store Fishing - North Londontown

Those perch fillet prices are write up there with Canadian Tires Mastercraft socket set regular price $650. I think retailers are going mad I tell you.
  5. I

Crappie Pre Spawn

Good advice hawgseeker. Just get out there you will figure it out.
  6. I

Crappie Pre Spawn

7. I

Off Topic Mice....

Having been a structural exterminator for 30 years I have a few suggestions. 1/ Rodent proof your shed is the best solution. When building a shed think rodent proof. 2/ Guard your shed with several mouse traps on the interior high and low. Snap traps and tin multicatch traps (ketch-alls and...
  8. I

Fishing Report Found in a bass

Do we really know the pollution levels in ocean caught fish? Could be off the charts at times! Got to wonder, 0 meals per month smelts recommended from eastern lake erie, yet they are fished commercially aren't they? Plastics in ocean fish is becoming an issue. Whos idea was it to get rid of...
  9. I

Well it happened, my boat is destroyed, now with insurance battle, need advice

You can contact thundermist fishing lures from you tube. He had the same thing happen and his boat was written off. He might have some advice.
  10. I

Fishing Report Quinte Walleye Report

Has anyone tried slow trolling/back trolling jigging raps for walleye on Lake Erie?
  11. I

Fishing Report Quinte Walleye Report

Wow that 16 pounder is one big honkin walleye. Look at the belly on that thing! - nice goin Fish Farmer. Food for thought regarding safety of eating Ontario sportfish. I read the guide and often wonder how much toxin is in a can of salmon taken from the ocean. I here about serious toxic stuff...
  12. I

Tricks For Catching Staging Salmonids?

I had the same thing yesterday evening, mostly salmon jumping. I managed to get one 15 lb salmon on a deep diver husky jerk Chartruse with red head flat lining in 30fow. I have had good luck with this lure in the past for staging salmon. Also white with black ladderback lyman has been good...
  13. I

Fishing Report Yesterday (Tues.) Hot and burnt out

Caught a 6 lb walleye in the port maitland area recently in 10 fow. It seems some come in shallow.
  14. I

eating erie walleye risk

The 2015-2016 Guide to Eating Ontario Sport Fish, page 210 reads Walleye (20 to 28 inches in length) Lake Erie, eastern basin it is safe to eat four meals per month. This data includes testing for mercury among other contaminants. You can order this guide on line FREE. There is lots of good...
  15. I

Whitefish Question

Does anyone know if the whitefish ever come in close to the North shore of lake Erie?
  16. I

Whitefish Question

We use to catch them April/May on Georgian Bay off the mouth of the Nottawasaga river in 6-10 FOW using salmon skein on bottom. We would also use a chum can. Icefisherman seems to be the expert at catching whities, he might have more advice for you.
  17. I

minnows in dover

If you can't find a bait shop, try going to the hardware store downtown dover and by a 36 inch minnow net. You should be able to net some shiners off the peer or below misners dam. Last time I checked the regs said you are allowed 10 dozen minnows in your possession.
  18. I

Trolling for Spring Rainbows at Port Bruce and Burwell

I caught a nice brown trout in lake erie flat lining along the north shore last year around this time. I saw another one caught from shore in the same area on a float and dew worm early spring. I have never caught any rainbows trolling or jigging the north shore in the spring, tried it about...
  19. I

Port Dalhousie

I have a 14' aluminium with a 20 hp and it is fine in the river. A 16 ft aluminium would be ok. After alot of rain could be more difficult fishing and more difficult loading your boat on the trailer - the current could be stronger. I launch on the east side of the river beside the fishing club...
  20. I

Port Dalhousie

I stopped into Petes tackle in St. Catherines and he said most guys fish a three way split rig with a stick sinker that can be cut to length according to the current that day. Too bad you couldn't get away from the crowd in a boat.
Back