Search results

1. plowboy

Fishing Report Live report from the Elbow

We where a little late to the party today. It was more of a shakedown run for the new kicker. Boated one sheephead and lost a dipsy, a snubber, a NASCAR and a monkey puke when I let my father in law take the wheel without much instruction. Ended up doing a compleat circle with all the lines out...
  2. plowboy

Fishing Report Walleye - Port Burwell - Wednesday, Aug. 17th

Maybe next years fishing will be so good you just have to show up and the fish will jump in the boat. Thanks for the report, nice too see that something is down there
  3. plowboy

Fishing Report SM Bass - North Shore - Saturday, June 25th

It was rough fishing in the inner bay to say the least. Only netted 2 smallies. Worked our way down the channel and caught nothing. Didn't even see anybody catching much ether. The lack of a good drift made matters so much worse too. Worker little rice too, spotted my first gar pike but they...
  4. plowboy

distance to bluffs from old cut

If you are towing your boat, why not launch out of turkey point? Closest launch to bluffs and you don't have to worry as much about the pottahawk sandbar
  5. plowboy

Deer Drives

The key to driving deer is to not shoot everything that pops out. I've seen guys clear out bush lots then wonder the following 3-5 years why there are no deer in the bush. Our group is by no means a high volume group, we get anywhere from 5-15 in a season. But we work a whole lot of farm land...
  6. plowboy

Lead core line

How fast where ya going?
  7. plowboy

Whats Up With The Elbow?

How deep are you going? I was out tuesday and netted 4 picks and they where all running deep. 70-90fow and the riggers where set at 50-60+ feet
  8. plowboy

Nanticoke Tuesday-

It was a good day out on the water that's for sure. We netted 4 good sized picks and lost one at the boat in and around the elbow area. Found all the fish in 70-80 fow. Iirc the watermelon on the down rigger down 45-65 feet produced 2, greasy chicken wing on a dipsy out 280-330 got one and I...
  9. plowboy

Walleye - Elbow - Monday, August 10th

Hopefully things improve overnight. I should be heading out tomorrow and odds are it will be my only day out this year.
  10. plowboy

Empty seat

I find most weather reports are useless past 2 days out. Normally I can take an decent guess at what the weather is going to be like the next day. Right now I would say it's a 50-50 kinda day. Fingers crossed, so far all I've done this year is sit in my boat and make boat noises lol.
  11. plowboy

Empty seat

Everybody has to work it seems.
  12. plowboy

Empty seat

So weather permitting I'll Be heading out of hoovers Tuesday morning. To make it worthwhile I need another person in the boat. It also makes netting walleye and rainbows that much easier. You would think it would be easy to find somebody willing to go out for a free fishing trip but that dose...
  13. plowboy

silver bass question

Glad to hear there is no limit on silver bass. I haven't tried cooking any yet but my offshore workers love it.
  14. plowboy

Boy Missing at Port Burwell Beach

Sounds like the police recovered his body.
  15. plowboy

Elbow-July 27 (Sunday)

Coming back in from just north of the elbow took around 20-30 mins but don't quote me on that. My boats top speed is 32 mph on glass but most the way in yesterday we where going 22-25 mph. If I remember correctly it's 14.5 Kms from the elbow to Dover and 13.5 from the elbow to hoovers.
  16. plowboy

Elbow-July 27 (Sunday)

So I rolled the dice this afternoon and headed out of Dover to the elbow. Dropped lines in 50fow and caught the first walleye shortly there after. Ended up with 2 eyes off the nascar/dd at differnt depths(can't recall off hand). Had a lot of hits with the watermelon off the cannon ball but...
  17. plowboy

lPB Elbow- weekend caution

So just a little heads up for anybody going out to the elbow/lighthouse/Dover area Saturday, Annalise Carr will be swimming from Erie Pa to Dover. If all goes to plan it looks like she woul be in the bay by mid-day Saturday. Keep an eye open and you just might see a record in the making. Have...
  18. plowboy

walleye where other than burwell

i've made the trek from old cut to bluffs then onto the elbow. works out well for catching bass then hunting down eyes and bows. just watch out for the sand bar between pottahawk and turkey point. i have seen my fare share of boats grounded there because they tried to take a short cut at high...
  19. plowboy

crooked load hate it and waste time at launch

^2x. I use to have the same problem till somebody pointed out that if you back the trailer in a couple feet. Just enough for the ramps to be 1/4 submerged. Then drive the boat onto the trailer making sure to hit it dead on centre. Then it's just a matter of hooking up the winch and cranking the...
  20. plowboy

Windy in Long Point today-LOL

The wind speeds being recorded out at the point seem to be way off. Has been for a week or so now.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks