Search results

1. 2

Burwell Sunday questions

Follow wallywalleye's advice, and good luck.
  2. 2

Pt. Stanley weather buoy

We wer out of bruce on wed. night as well. The screen was full from 58-65 feet of water, but we couldn't keep the silver bass off the lines.
  3. 2

leadcore beside Dipsy's

Do a big wide turn to the side that you are setting. That way, the leadcore will not interfere with the dipsy.
  4. 2

Burwell on sat

SE 10 Knot winds in a 14 foot boat will suck. Long Point Bay might be better, as the winds are supposed to be 6 knots. Just a thought.
  5. 2

Advice on using Leadcore

Many of the posts that I've read on leader length for leadcore state that you should only run a 3' to 4' leader. Any longer than that and you detract from the whipping action of the leadcore.
  6. 2

PORT BRUCE WED.

My dad and I fished SSW of port from 4 till 7:30, in 58 to 65 ft.and couldn't keep the silver bass off the lines. Dipsies down 150 to 190 on a 3 and leadcore and torpedo divers behind the boards, down 45 to 50 ft. Silver bass were hitting the lures right behind the boat before we could set-up...
  7. 2

Pt. Bruce lake conditions Sunday 8 a.m.

Thanks for the report. It looks like an evening fish this week. So far, wed. night looks best. Let,s hope.
  8. 2

River Bass!!

My favourite type of fishing. All you need are hooks and an old pair of running shoes. The kids keep themselves busy catching crayfish frogs, etc. Good job.
  9. 2

Newbie set up for walleye

Putting 3 or 4 colours of leadcore on a rod with a torpedo diver does the same thing as the long lengths of leadcore. You won't need a 45 series reel and reeling in a fish is quicker. With the larger sizes of torpedo divers, you can also achieve greater depths than 10 colours of leadcore. Also...
  10. 2

Glascow or Erieau

Erieau has been good, but it's a 10 to 12 mile run west to the pack of boats.
  11. 2

Tying lead core

When tying your leadcore to your leader, use a Willis(leadcore) knot. It works great, like a chinese finger trap.
  12. 2

Erieau

Thanks for the report. Next sat. is my day at erieau for the first time. This a great starting point, thanks. I hope they like dipsies and leadcore!
  13. 2

Erieau

Fishing in the morning, celebrating all afternoon and night! It's on like donkey kong!!
  14. 2

Erieau

Thanks U-290. After I posted, I realized that you had already posted the colours used. It was a long day. Anyways, my boat is almost all set-up and ready to go.New kicker, EZ-steer, rods, reels, dipsies, the whole shebang! I might drag some lures on sat., after bass fishing. Thanks for the good...
  15. 2

KEEPING FISH FRESH AFTER CATCHING

We do that all the time when camping. Frozen juice bottles and water bottles in the cooler. When the ice in the bottles starts melting, you have ice cold water to drink! Works for the boat too.
  16. 2

Erieau

Good fishing U-290. We will be down to Erieau in 3 weeks for a day. I hope they are there when we are. Duckman said that he did well on reef runners. What body baits and colours were you running? Thanks.
  17. 2

Dipsy Colours

Thanks for the replies. I went to buy a black and clear today and they were sold out. Purple is available as are some others. 2 are going to get bought this weekend, regardless of colour!
  18. 2

Dipsy Colours

Just want to know what colour of dipsy everyone uses for erie
  19. 2

Perching this week

They must be getting fish off the pier, if you got yours in 11.5 ft?
  20. 2

burwell perch

Good post scoop. I hope to get out this weekend. I got the new fish finder/GPS hooked up and can't wait to start marking fish.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks