Search results

1. N

"Pickerel Point" Thamesville Question

I'm curious if anyone knows the name of the concession road that will lead me to the old Thames River Hot spot "Pickerel Point”. Is this spot just a good area to launch a aluminum boat and if no boat how is it for shore casting. I have this week mostly off and want to give this area a try from...
  2. N

Still hope eh

3. N

Off Topic Costco marine batteries

Anyone ever try Crown Battery Crown #MAR-1000 Walleye1 G24 800 CCA. My local Home Hardware has them on for 120 bucks.
  4. Walleye Battery.jpg

Walleye Battery.jpg

5. N

May Thames River Walleye

I'm a bit curious when May.16th comes along if there will be any good walleye river fishing going onward after the Ban. Do you think a lot of the fish have spawned already or has the water temps kept this from happening. Curious also if anyone has been downstream from the Kyle bridge in Chatham...
  6. N

Best Walleye Fishing Line

Thanks for the reply's..I'm gonna head out to Lambeth Rod and Tackle tomorrow to re spool.I called the store this afternoon and he recommended 10 lb Trilene XL or 8 lb XT.
  7. N

Best Walleye Fishing Line

In the next few days possibly tomorrow, I am going to give the Thames a try for some Walleye. Today I am getting my gear ready for the outing and want to put some fresh line on my reel since it pretty old and only 4 lb test on it when I was perch fishing out of Glasgow over 8 yrs. ago. Anyone...
  8. N

Enjoying my morning coffee ☕️ out at Fanshawe Lake & Dam. March 8,2022. 😉👍😎

Damn straight Red..I remember a way back when the Ban was first implemented it used to be only for one month,March 15. to April 15th..Excellent wally fishing then.May15th is just too darn late except for the odd straggler and resident fish.Those were the days...
  9. N

Enjoying my morning coffee ☕️ out at Fanshawe Lake & Dam. March 8,2022. 😉👍😎

Only a week left until the Ban is on the Thames river..Damn !
  10. N

Fishing Report Thames river

The Bothwell and Wardsville areas have alot of rapid's along that stretch with steep banks.I wonder where a good spot would be to try through the ice.Big Bend Conservation Area maybe ?
  11. Redneck-Ponticnic.jpg

Redneck-Ponticnic.jpg

12. N

Glasgow virgin

I will be going out for the first time this year on the weekend or next week.What direction out of port to start,straight out,east or west.
  13. N

Port Glasgow's "Lee Jay" Charter "Art Grayling's" Special Spoon

Yep...I really enjoyed going out on a charter with Art.He taught me a lot about Lake Erie fishing "Big Time”.
  14. N

Port Glasgow's "Lee Jay" Charter "Art Grayling's" Special Spoon

Lee-Jay charter out of Glasgow a long while back used nothing but special homemade "Green Scaled Spoons" on all his lines during the charter I was on. No minnow baits at all. He had them made by someone local if remember right. I bought about 6 of them at the marina a long time ago over 10 yrs...
  15. IMG_20210724_114716.jpg

IMG_20210724_114716.jpg

16. N

Fishing Report Where are the fish

Good Fishing hvyhaul..What was that one Perch lure you mentioned if you don't mind me asking..
  17. N

Port Burwell limits

Thanks..I will start doing it too...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks