Search results

1. C

Port Bruce Yesterday

Made my second trip to Port Bruce Tuesday afternoon, As usual I was out for cats and they cooperated. I caught several big ones around 30", a couple a little smaller along with two huge Drum/sheephead, one over 30". One big cat got off just out of reach of my net and another unseen broke the...
  2. C

Port Bruce/Burwell marinas.

When do the marinas at Port Burwell and Port Bruce open for the season, and if open now (April 29), do they have bait for sale? Has anyone been out fishing from the piers there? Looking to get out ASAP.
  3. C

Season Opener

Went to Port Bruce Monday afternoon, once it had warmed up a bit, for Ist fishing trip off the pier. The creek was fairly clean but the lake was very muddy. Although sunny it was windy and chilly. Talked to a few other fishermen/women who were there and they hadn't caught anything. I tried...
  4. C

Pier Action?

Has anyone caught anything from the piers at either Port Bruce or Port Burwell? Looking to get out in the next few days to start off the new season. Do the marinas have bait for sale yet, minnows or worms? I prefer channel catfish, but any action will do to start things off. Also I'm open to...
  5. C

Spring time ride.

Took the trip to Port Burwell and Port Bruce Easter Monday, to check on conditions there. Water level seems to be down one to two feet. The lake was muddy, as was Big Otter Creek. Catfish creek was pretty clean. I was told a few catfish were caught in the lake off the clay banks. Didn't see...
  6. C

Spring channel cats.

How soon do the whiskered fish start showing up in Big Otter and Catfish creek? Have cabin fever, hoping for a warm up that lasts. Basesball is about to start, lets go Blue Jays, I'm hoping fishing does too!
  7. C

SCR walleye?

Any walleye action recently, from boats or from shore?
  8. C

Sarnia trout?

Has anyone had any luck fishingfor trout or salmon by the Bluewater bridge from shore? Looking to maybe giving drift fishing a try soon. I'm guessing the current is too fast for float fishing, but maybe not. I'm thinking it should be OK, any thoughts?
  9. C

seeking salmon

Went to Goderich Monday to try pier fishing for salmon. Found no place for fisherman. Posted $225 fine near the salt mine, metered parking on public side off harbour. Won't be going there again. Went to Bayfield next. Pier easily accessible for fisherman. Beautiful weather, but no fish for me or...
  10. C

pier/shore fishing

Tried Sarnia for walleye, people started showing up just before and after it got dark. didn't see or hear anyone catching any walleye. I'll try Bayfield for late salmon or early rainbows next. Has anyone else had any luck recently from the bank?
  11. C

Goderich Pier

Where is it OK to fish at or near the Maitland river mouth? Don't want to trespass or piss anyone off fishing or parking where I shouldn't. I'll be tossing spoons and spawn for salmon and rainbows. I usually fish the pier in Bayfield, thought I'd give a bigger river a try as it may draw in more...
  12. C

Pier Action?

Have any shorebound anglers had any success lately, for anything? Perch, walleyes, catfish, or salmon? Not asking for secret spots, just general info like walleyes on St. Clair river etc. Thanks and good fishing.
  13. C

Port Bruce to Bayfield fishing

Fall is soon approaching. I'm preparing to put my catfish gear away and pull out my trout/ salmon rods for pier and surf fishing. How soon is too soon for salmon and steelhead to start heading upriver? I like to fish fairly close to London, at Bayfield or Goderich or Sarnia maybe. I am planning...
  14. C

Late Summer at Port Bruce/ Port Burwell

Looking for channel cats, hoping to get a few off one of the piers at Port Burwell or Bruce. It's been slow for me so far. Has anyone done OK lately? Good Fishing.
  15. C

Sarnia/At. Clair river?

Looking to try my luck down Sarnia way from the bank. Has anybody had any luck down that way? I might toss lures or soak bait. Any suggestions?
  16. C

Busy at Burwell

I figured I put a line in at Port Burwell of the pier this morning. Long pier, so there's room to fish even though I wasn't there at dawn. Wow, lot's of boats! It's a holiday weekend, what did I expect. I got a few bites from small stuff, species unknown. Went home early, I'll try again later.
  17. C

Port Bruce on Monday

Tried by the bridge and then the pier yesterday afternoon. Weather was great in the evening. Heard thunder to the north, but no rain. Several people fishing, nobody caught anything while I was there. I fished from 5PM until 10PM. Only a couple boats passed through the channel, and water clarity...
  18. C

Muddy waters.

Lot's of wind and rain have made for muddy water. The mudline was somewhere near the horizon Wednesday. Tried off the pier at Port Bruce. Netted a really big sheephead for a fellow fisherman, saw a couple other decent ones caught and tossed back. One yellow perch was caught as well. Mostly...
  19. C

Pier Fishing

I went out to Port Bruce after the heavy rains, and the water was a Timmie's double double in the channel. There was some clear water at the end of the pier. Lots fishing there trying for perch. I didn't see anything caught. I did manage a couple channel cats. One small one about 4lbs and a nice...
  20. C

St. Clair river fishing.

Looking at a possible trip to Sarnia, St. Clair river. I'll be fishing from shore. Any suggestions or recent reports?
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks