Tragic

It's sad this keeps happening when it doesn't need to. They were warned by his friend not to go out because it was too rough but he wanted to go fishing so ignored the conditions. The boat was only a 4 meter tinny??? No fish is worth your life.

My uncle always tells me
"Don't let anyone talk you into going out when you don't feel it's safe"
In this case these guys were out in waves that were twice the size I feel comfortable being out in.
And their boat was smaller with a much smaller engine.

Always listen to your uncle @Derkd9, obviously he's a wise man.

The man 52 years old should have known better but what amazes me is the 70 year old was just as foolish. Look at all the grief they have caused for their families which so easily could have avoided by just using common sense.

Yes tragic...i have fished the drop off/ledge a mile out of bluffers park in the past with great success in June ...I think these experienced fisherman thought they could get out there and fish that spot... as it is only a short distance from the launch...but going out in rough water in a 14 foot aluminum boat... is it really stupid?...but then what were they really thinking is the real mystery? I always so no to rough water....My mom use to say I am not going out if it is rough!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks