Fishing Report Burwell Cats are Back

teebone

Was a great night on the Otter out of Pt. Burwell Sunday night. The bite was on between 8 till 10 with the full moon shining bright. Was a steady bite with some big fish caught. All fish released. No bugs biting. Get out there and enjoy the great fight from these fish!
image.jpeg

Thanks Teebone. I'm going out tomorrow morning to try a couple of Erie tribs. I've been out 4 times in the afternoon with 0 channel cats. I don't usually fish the Otter for some reason. When I go out that way I usually go to Catfish Creek. There were a few guys fishing the Otter outside of Burwell this afternoon. TC

Yes cats are in. Been averaging double digits lately with two guys in the boat. Put a lot of fish over 15lbs in the net in the last couple of weeks. They are very scattered unless you hit a pod coming off the lake. Then you'll have some fun. Water is warming alarmingly fast their movements are tough to track and they seem very spread out. Last year I followed them from hole to hole by the day. This year there is one or two all the way up right now. Have fun. trky chsr if you wanna get out in the yaks I'd love a paddling/pedalling partner!

Well I went out yesterday morning (I woke up at 5 so I got up). Had a line in the water by 7 and fished till 11 . My tally for the morning? Zip, nada, not even a bullhead. I tried cut sucker, shrimp, worms and a favorite commercial bait with no results. There were a ton of carp in the river spawning which I thought was a little early and that could be the reason. Water was 65 so it was the perfect temp. This is my 5th outing with no results, My worst year yet. Oh well it can only get better! We'll have to get together sometime soon Bucketsoff but it won't be for a week or so (I've got some extra jobs to do on my days off next week.) TC

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks