Good day at the Elbow

Reel Action

We left Port Dover at 930 this morning and set lines by 1015. Had our first Walleye in 10 minutes. We started at 62 FOW and had bait and hooks under Us Immediately. We used worm harnesses on the down riggers and the planer boards with 100 ft leads. We ran 45 ft on the down riggers and used 40 jet divers on the boards. The down riggers were hotter than the boards. The bright pinks and purples were the hot colours today. we went 5 for 8 by 3pm when the waves chased us off the lake.image.jpg

Thanks Reel Action for the info, going out tomorrow.

Leaky

It is surprisng to here that the riggers outperformed the boards. That is odd. Thanks for the detailed report. Outcast.

Those are beauties Reel. I think I was near you guys for a bit today too. I was solo and got my 6 between 9am and noon. Lost 2 due to a crappy net man. Downrigger was dead and various worm harnesses did nothing. All fish came on 7 and 8 colour cores with blue/silver redfins in 60 to 65 fow. I now remember why I usually bring guests to reel in all the leadcore.....

Great morning but the wind kicked up around noon.

Last edited:
Nice reports Reel action and G. Mech. Glad to see the pics have not moved to far. Long leads on the riggers are the key for me anyhow.

Sorry couldn't resist that. Go to Stomp's home page and at the top go to maps. It will show you where the Elbow is

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks