LPB 12th

sea star

Rods in a bit after 9. Could not keep the silver bass of in 63-65 fow. Headed to 85 fow and things got going. took a laker in 65 fow down 50 which I thought was odd. Lots of eyes and landed 1 of 5 bows that hit. Metalic rippling red fins tipped with worms and an assortment of bright spoons were our best. Only one eye on the 5 core....all the rest were deeper than that. We kept a few big silver bass to try in the smoker. All in all 12/13 eyes, 1/5 bows, 1 laker, 2 sheep and a couple dozen silver bass and some of happy neighbors. . 5 rods......in at 9 out at 3:15. Did not bother with harnesses today. speed 2.5-2.9 on the gps......never put the probe in. Best trolling day out here so far this season for us. Hope they stick around. PS...only two of the eyes were big, the rest were between 4-6 lbs which was a nice change.

Good haul for you guys! I heard you on the radio earlier in the morning. We went 2 for 3 eyes on 7 and 8 color 90 fow. Had something grab the blue riplin redfin at about 40 ft down it gave a steady shake for 10 seconds then broke me off. No clue what it could have been!?

Sounds like you had a great day out there. Was out friday and did well. The silver bass were becoming a nuisance. Bass in the smoker sounds interesting.

IMG_20140713_141346.jpg Hey Norv, After picking off 2 eyes in 65 fow, we set sail for the deep water and took 11 more fish over 124-128 fow east of the elbow ending with 6 bows and 7 eyes with only a couple misses. 10 colour, dipsies back 140-170 and riggers at 45-55 all took fish. Lure of the day was DW Pink panties. Surface temps 68.7 -72.1. The size of our catches increased dramatically after we went deeper. Plenty of opportunity out there, but we had to search around. Good luck all!

Last edited:
I was out at the Elbow as well, only my second time out there. Started about 8:30 with lines in and quit at 11:30. I had 2 Walleye that should have been 3 but solo netting problems knocked it off and three Silvers. The Walleye were all large with the larget being the one I knocked off the line with the net of course. 72-76' deep seemed to work for me. Chartreuse and Black Riplin Redfin and Green and Black Bomber produced after experimenting with other body baits and spoons. 7 colours of Leadcore and a medium Dipsey 200' back on #3 setting seemed to find about equal action. Speed was 2.5 +/-. I must say I did appreciate the polite trolling patterns at the Elbow by the other boats, everyone gave everyone lots of room from what I saw. Other locations on Lake O and Georgian Bay have common sense and professional courtesy something to be desired with other boaters running in front of, side to side or accross the stern without enough room for line tangles to be avoided.

Great reports folks, thanks.

The pics seem to be turning on big time. From Crystal Beach to the west side of the point. I've caught more this last 2 weeks than all of last year. Many limits hit at Nanticoke last weekend. Looking good out there, hope it keeps up. Reports of Pickerel from 48' to 112' and everywhere between. And every bait from spinners to flies. Was told by an old timer the best fishery for over 20 years. He remembers 92' a as a banner year, the worse winter until 2014, a coincidence?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks