Ice must be safe

Gunner_1

watching the old cut web cam at 10:30 i see 3 peaple out there
is the ice safe or are they brave???

i would think its very close, as one operator has stated on his facebook that they would have huts saturday, safest way would be to get yourself a spud and check for yourself as you make your way out

Looks like next week's forecast cold temperatures might be enough to tighten things up. That water visible on the Old Cut cam today was a little scary. http://www.oldcutmarina.com

And here's the feed from Booth's Harbour (might need Chrome to see this - IE doesn't seem to show it):

Last edited:
Looks like the hard water fishing might start soon. I was talking to erie tracker not much info but they are fishing and they are getting perch
but they are cutting holes off the docks at Sugarloaf harbour marina.

Last edited:
Just checked the ice on my pond, only took two shoots with the stud and it was through. Probably 2-3",not enough for me!

Hello everyone new to he forum!! Me and a buddy were 2 of the guys on the bay today spudding every step. There is good ice in spots and right beside it there is only 1" its pretty spotty I am definitely going to wait till after this weeks coming cold snap to venture back out there. Also there was no fish to be found water is still very clear all the way out made it to 8' of water and never seen a fish. We checked all the way out and by next weekend it should be ready. Your welcome to test it out but I do alot of ice fishing myself and if you happen to step in the wrong spot out there you will go through so please be safe I just wanted to inform you that just cause we were out there ice is still not safe in spots. Stay safe and hope to hear more reports

Hey fisherman6377 thanks for the ice report a little risky :eek:but at least you made it off safe
wellcome to the forum(y)

Last edited:
Thanks fisherman6377 for the report. Was going to wait til next week. This reaffirms my choice.

May hit Simcoe or Quinte in the next few days.

fisherman6377...Welcome 2 the 4um........ Thanks 4 goin out there & givin us a report...That was out of Old Cut ?

Yes I was out off old cut... please keep everyone posted on the ice condition as im from st thomas so its a good cruse for me to check lol. Hope to meet some of you guys on the hard water in the upcoming weeks... take care and be safe spud is key helped me alot today knowing where to step and not to...

Thanks again.......... I don't no anything about the curse,,but I hope 2 meet u on the hard watr in the weeks ahead...& pull some of those tasty morsels out of the watr & in2 the frying pan...

Mitchell's bay is hot guys. Limits to be had, tie you over until next week

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    665.3 KB · Views: 38
Ill be heading out to mitchells bay in the morning but going to leave the machine at home i think.. I Will let everyone know how it goes

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks