Port Maitland Sept. 11

mrozborn

Got out 6:45am and setup in 65-68 FOW without marking much. Pulled up and went to 90 FOW netted two nice fish. Pulled lines at 11 am and had fish on three of four lines. I had been checking, maybe not enough?? Out at 4:30 pm and again one fish on the bottom dipsey. Checking lines netted four more fish, a couple over 3 lbs.
Now I'm wondering if I was getting hits after I tripped the dipsey and while rising through the water column The fish didn't really look too "gilled out" like Id been dragging them.
My dipseys are set light so it's not that setting, but I've never dragged so many fish before. At the end of the 9 hour day, ten fish, two tired guys and a campfire and beer. Glad I didn't have to drive home.

Been doing great in close 25 to 35 FOW but had to break down the other day no luck in close, and head out and rigger fish for them out slightly west of Maitland. Fishing solo I culled 8 fish to get my 6, never saw so many small ones. I fished between 80 and 90 FOW Down 55' to 65' White worm hardness back about 75' behind the ball.
Still nice to be out 10 hours on a nice calm day (y) (y)

Attachments

• 71616439199__A9D99357-AB3F-4588-9D0B-52A9F9383029.JPG
    71616439199__A9D99357-AB3F-4588-9D0B-52A9F9383029.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Got out 6:45am and setup in 65-68 FOW without marking much. Pulled up and went to 90 FOW netted two nice fish. Pulled lines at 11 am and had fish on three of four lines. I had been checking, maybe not enough?? Out at 4:30 pm and again one fish on the bottom dipsey. Checking lines netted four more fish, a couple over 3 lbs.
Now I'm wondering if I was getting hits after I tripped the dipsey and while rising through the water column The fish didn't really look too "gilled out" like Id been dragging them.
My dipseys are set light so it's not that setting, but I've never dragged so many fish before. At the end of the 9 hour day, ten fish, two tired guys and a campfire and beer. Glad I didn't have to drive home.
Are you using mono?

50 lb braid, never had so many drag along.

You aren't alone @mrozborn the walleye are hitting, or nudging incredibly lightly.

Had some plus two footers come in that didn't trip the dipsy.

When the dipsy was deliberately tripped the rod tip didn't budge and then it bacome clear what was at the end of the line.🌻

Only thing that works reliably to trigger off little dudes is Chamberlain releases. But those are for riggers

There's also lite bite slide divers but I don't like the tubing / elastics involved.

Aside from that, I believe there's a design flaw with dipsies that contribute to them not tripping. Maybe I'll do a thread on that later.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks