Off Topic Dollar Store Fishing Stuff

TonyMo

I love dollar stores! Mine is the local Dollarama. I recently have found "Gander Mountain" soft plastics and Lunker Hunt top waters baits. The inflatable camp pillows are great for your lower back in the truck.

They have those re-useable zipper seal bags. They are made of a heavy vinyl and close up tight. I use a small one to seal up my phone when I'm on my kayak. You can still finger swipe the screen while it's in the bag...although the screen is a little blurry. These bags are also handy for storing pre tied leader material, smaller Jet Divers or Dipseys with leaders etc...you know those things that get tangled up. The larger size would fit the larger Dipseys.

Today I was in the tool area and found these zip up canvas tool bags. The plastic trays lay flat perfectly inside! Like many of you I have the heavy suitcase tackle bag. But this bag helps sort out a smaller selection to downsize for the canoe/kayak etc.

What have you guys found at the dollar store that you consider useful on the boat or out fishing?

20230906_162809.jpg

I don’t frequent the dollar stores much but we have Cambridge surplus nearby, they sell off stuff they get from … wherever?

I got a nice Sun shirt for cheap, it was something someone returned to Costco, and sometimes I’ve been in and they had great lures like Bandits, Bomber Long A for like $4 each. Often times it’s cheaper, odd ball stuff or Canadian tire brand… but not always.

Zip ties. Not something that needs to hold up forever, just to hold or coil up stuff for a season or until the next time you’re going to need it. They are dirt-cheap ant there’s usually 4 or 5 times as many in a pouch of them as you would get anywhere else.

The grandlad loves it there too-we get unpainted wood geckos and sharks along with paint and buy stickers to put everywhere. And its amazing what he can get for candy for 3 bucks!
I found great deals on bungees which i turned into dock stix. Lots of how to videos-I used one inch pvc pipe, and plastic chair pads from can tire.
1694090621287.png

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks