Fishing Report Scattered and Deeper August 16

hvyhaul

Didn't see the numbers on the screen from the last trip out, less bait and fish closer to the bottom.

Again many many smalls released.

Trip out wasn't bad but it roughened up to the occasional surfing event.

Trolled familiar water, fish marked were down closer to 50ft from the usual 40.

Very light hits and hangers-on, lots dropped off in the net, more long distance releases than in many trips, 1 undesirable today.

Had a little visitor for a bit, but it left too early, before the biting flies showed up.

Changed dipsys to 0.25 and 2 from what they are usually set. Distance back was 95 and 120 back.

No obvious pattern was established but old faithful with half of its paint chewed off is still putting fish in the box.

Set up in 57, ran out to 62, wandered around a bit and trolled towards home.

Largest walleye came end of day in 57.

Caught a little silver critter that was about 3 times the length of the spoon it hit, not the one in the picture.

A relief to get out and catch today cuz I have a meal for 60 keeping me on shore till Sunday. 🌻

hednowt.jpgowt2day.jpg
ltlfrnd.jpgsilvrbby.jpg
stlwrkn.jpgdahbx.jpg

Last edited:
We waited to launch until 9am but managed to fill the box again today in 54 to 56 ft of water and never went any deeper. We got a few smalls but most were good fish with seven of our 18 over 24 in. That said, they were a bit more spread out for sure. 7 and 8 color lead cores were best mainly with spoons and all the regular colors worked... Pink panties, greasy chicken, double orange crush, purple muffin all seemed to catch good fish.

Last edited:
Didn't see the numbers on the screen from the last trip out, less bait and fish closer to the bottom.

Very light hits and hangers-on, lots dropped off in the net, more long distance releases than in many trips, 1 undesirable today.

Had a little visitor for a bit, but it left too early, before the biting flies showed up.

Changed dipsys to 0.25 and 2 from what they are usually set. Distance back was 95 and 120 back.

No obvious pattern was established but old faithful with half of its paint chewed off is still putting fish in the box.

Caught a little silver critter that was about 3 times the length of the spoon it hit, not the one in the picture.

A relief to get out and catch today cuz I have a meal for 60 keeping me on shore till Sunday. 🌻

Great job.

Yesterday was a different day for fishing. Where I normally fish was muddy but full of fish with lockjaw???? Went out to 61 best was in 57,58 and happened after 7.30. Then they went on the feedbag!!3 limits some small spares for the captain and a bonus rainbow.

Attachments

• 20230817_084708.jpg
    20230817_084708.jpg
    551.6 KB · Views: 30
Yesterday was a different day for fishing. Where I normally fish was muddy but full of fish with lockjaw???? Went out to 61 best was in 57,58 and happened after 7.30. Then they went on the feedbag!!3 limits some small spares for the captain and a bonus rainbow.
That mudline was startling, I've never seen one so pronounced out there.

A few of ours had completely MT guts, so not surprised they eventually started eating.

Sure different from them puking up everything trying to get the lure out of their faces. LoL

I like fishing hungry fish and not picky eaters, but will fish for either. 🤪🌻

That spoon looks like a green greasy chicken....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks