Fighting waves and fleas... Nanticoke July 5th PM

jammer

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Best conditions mother nature was going to provide for me this weekend was this afternoon...

Had a little chat with my pal Joe at ramp... We compared season notes so far and headed in separate directions... Always a pleasure my friend...

It was a tad bumpy so setup on some good marks shallow...

Wasted to much time finessing negative fish that turned out to be sheephead... :/

Headed deeper and picked off a few fish... 2/3... Made the decision to pull rods early as I didn't want to head to shore in white caps in the dark solo...

Beauty day but bumpy... 17mph on the way out and in... Fleas were brutal...
PXL_20230805_220016472.jpgPXL_20230805_231401650.jpg

Glad you got out buddy. I was tied up in a family get together or would have been there.. Sounded like a grind and yeah being lumpy out makes for a rough ride. and tough fishing when you are solo. :oops:
Those fleas have been bad the last couple of times too.

Fleas were terrible. I swear they were stacked up on the line for well over a foot at times. So thick the dipsy would start to pull back and rise up from the blow back like it picked up weeds.. Never seen it so bad.
You managed better then us for sure, we went 1/2.

Still a great catch for a tough go👍🏽.

Hi Jammer, not sure we are talking about the same day. I was fishing Burwell yesterday morning (Aug 5) and while it was bumpy it wasn't really bad. I know from experience that your tolerance for rough seas exceeds mine. Anyway, at Burwell winds were about 10 knots NE early with the odd white cap and were down to maybe 5 knots ENE by 11:00 am. I also know from experience that 10 knots NE at Nanticoke can be very uncomfortable beyond a few miles out. Just asking because I haven't fished out of Nanticoke in many years.

Hi Jammer, not sure we are talking about the same day. I was fishing Burwell yesterday morning (Aug 5) and while it was bumpy it wasn't really bad. I know from experience that your tolerance for rough seas exceeds mine. Anyway, at Burwell winds were about 10 knots NE early with the odd white cap and were down to maybe 5 knots ENE by 11:00 am. I also know from experience that 10 knots NE at Nanticoke can be very uncomfortable beyond a few miles out. Just asking because I haven't fished out of Nanticoke in many years.
Hi Arn... Solid 3-4'ers with the occasional 5... I wouldn't have fished it in anything smaller than my 17'er...

Back