Off Topic Home made kicker electronic throttle

Fantastic! Love solutions that help stretch the fishing budget.
Me too. From one cheapskate to another, I can suggest for you @anonymoose : install a fresh "throttle body" each trip out... by which I mean I sit one of the kids by the kicker where they can do the adjusting!

On top of that, you can get 2 more lines in the water. All for the price of care and feeding you were gonna just give to them anyways. And maybe a can of pop or some chips to keep them happy.

Seriously though, the kids love to help and if I fished solo often I'd be making this. So annoying if your kicker won't hold its setting. I kind of want to make one anyway.

Me too. From one cheapskate to another, I can suggest for you @anonymoose : install a fresh "throttle body" each trip out... by which I mean I sit one of the kids by the kicker where they can do the adjusting!

On top of that, you can get 2 more lines in the water. All for the price of care and feeding you were gonna just give to them anyways. And maybe a can of pop or some chips to keep them happy.

Seriously though, the kids love to help and if I fished solo often I'd be making this. So annoying if your kicker won't hold its setting. I kind of want to make one anyway.
I made one some time between this necropost and now.

Mine doesn't have a cable actuated throttle so I had to go with a solid linkage, and had to mount my servo outside the cowling but it works. Made use of some of my old model airplane junk, too!

20230727_182711.jpg

Awesome. I'm totally going to do this next. It's just how to do the brackets to mount the servo that I can't really get my head around.
I am going to use .125 x 3x 3 aluminum angle or 3 x .125 aluminum flat bar. Drill n tap the servo n use one of the existing bolts.

Back