HUMMINBIRD CHIRP ..MEGA SI..MEGA DI...G3N .... ADVICE AND HELP...

Edmcl

Had an opportunity to put the helix 7 fishfinder GPS chart plotter in the fishing boat chirp mega SI mega DIG3N version. I have always used garmin Lawrence. And this one is getting me to scratch my head. The unit out of the box needs to be upgraded. As the topographical map of Lake, Erie is showing a top color landmass and blue for the water. No grid lines to show you depth control. Buoy's harbors, anything like that? The question to the group is. How do I upgrade the mapping system? In this with the SD card and the side slot, what going on? Hummingbirds website. It does not show you the variety of maps that you can download after purchase, so you can initiate a tophagraph of a map Of Lake Erie, does anyone have this similar model? And knows how to navigate the hummingbird website to get the proper map on this unit, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20230715_182912.jpg
    20230715_182912.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 4
I'll have to check these out by the looks of it. It's about 256 bucks for a map system off a Amazon kind of hard to swallow when you pay a $1000 for a unit.

Tanks very much for that post I'm very interested ... Called Humminbird and talked to Tech Support... very helpful... looks like the base map that is in the unit only gives the topo graphs to the USA coastline and usa areas ... In operations in Canada's waterways you have to buy Lake Master to upgrade and get a map in depth and bouys on maps ... so off to your reply on face book ... tight lines guys ...

Back