Hastings

coberfam

Can anyone provide me with the Latitude and Longitude for Hastings. I am hoping to go perch fishing when every this windy weather ever lets up. What is the suggestion for depth to start fishing to keep the kids interested. Maybe the Sandhills is a better choice but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

While I can't give you latitude and longitude for Hastings, what I can tell you is that generally, it's still a pretty good boat ride from Sandhills. It's near Clear Creek. As you're heading east, past the Sandhills, watch the wind turbines on shore and look for a radio tower. When you see the last wind turbine and that radio tower, you're pretty much where "Hastings" is. As for depth to start looking, depends on what your electronics say. They could be in as shallow as 25 FOW or less.......or they could be out in the deeper water (50 FOW or more)

From Burwell, depending on the lake conditions, your boat and what you have for a motor on it, you could be looking at at least half hour to 40 minutes to get there.

Can anyone provide me with the Latitude and Longitude for Hastings. I am hoping to go perch fishing when every this windy weather ever lets up. What is the suggestion for depth to start fishing to keep the kids interested. Maybe the Sandhills is a better choice but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.
might wanna start with Sandhills can always move further east to find em Hastings is a long ride depending on your rig

It’s a secret to everybody
IMG_2271.png

Attachments

• 221A8959-F74F-4D67-9CDE-B25F96884A29.jpeg
    221A8959-F74F-4D67-9CDE-B25F96884A29.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 47
Is there any safe way to cut across Long Point to get to Hastings without having to go all the way around Long Point? I'm at Marina Shores for the first time this year and am wondering if there is a way to cut across? Doesn't look like it when I check maps but wondering if there is any local knowledge that knows a cut somewhere where you can sneak under a bridge.

Teddy69 posted an accurate pic of where those fishing grounds are. I guess calling it the Hasting's Area is as good as any other name as everybody was launching off that road but technically it's the start of the Clear Creek Ridge which extends in a southerly direction and makes up the western half of the Long Point/Erie Ridge.

Is there any safe way to cut across Long Point to get to Hastings without having to go all the way around Long Point? I'm at Marina Shores for the first time this year and am wondering if there is a way to cut across? Doesn't look like it when I check maps but wondering if there is any local knowledge that knows a cut somewhere where you can sneak under a bridge.
No short cuts that I know of but there was a big one back in 1838.

Drag your boat across the beach. Lol I know a few guys that do it with a 14 footer. The ramps along there are private with permission given to very few. I might of witnessed a new one being built last weekend which would most likely be illegal but my vision isn't so great these days....🫣

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks