Fishing Report July 12. Black fins.

SIX-GRAND

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Late Afternoon rip on the rich waters of LPB. 430pm- 830pm.
Had a few smokes, seen a few things, got into a good bite & even cought some fish.
Good marks 20-30ft down over 15fathom so sent baits to 20-30ft down. Harness/Dipsy at 65 on 1.5 set. Big bill crank out on braid off the planner board..20230712_184209.jpg20230713_005645.jpg20230713_005621.jpg. Lost a few of these baby's right at the boat and I would say a few more way behind the boat. Fast!!

Gobs of rainbow yet.. Lost count and didn't bother trying once they started curling 2,3,4 rods at a time.. Kept one choice blue back for the smoke and lost&tossed back a bunch.
3/3 walleyes and 1 jumbo freshwater drum that got the whole frenzy started. Tremendous fight!.. especially when they "wind mill" the whole way in.
20230713_005954.jpg

Attachments

• 20230713_011332.jpg
    20230713_011332.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 56
PFAS contamination is very widespread especially in Lake Erie and Ontario. Not nearly as bad as Niapenco but still concerning:

I normally follow the Guide to Eating Ontario Sportfish, but man I have to say, after reading this and looking up other news sources (which includes Great Lakes Fish Commission), this is pretty eye opening. It appears they haven't really been testing for PFAS up until recently. And its VERY surprising how high yellow perch tested.

I love eating Great Lakes fish, but this isn't good news at all.

Late Afternoon rip on the rich waters of LPB. 430pm- 830pm.
Had a few smokes, seen a few things, got into a good bite & even cought some fish.
Good marks 20-30ft down over 15fathom so sent baits to 20-30ft down. Harness/Dipsy at 65 on 1.5 set. Big bill crank out on braid off the planner board..View attachment 76287View attachment 76285View attachment 76286. Lost a few of these baby's right at the boat and I would say a few more way behind the boat. Fast!!

Gobs of rainbow yet.. Lost count and didn't bother trying once they started curling 2,3,4 rods at a time.. Kept one choice blue back for the smoke and lost&tossed back a bunch.
3/3 walleyes and 1 jumbo freshwater drum that got the whole frenzy started. Tremendous fight!.. especially when they "wind mill" the whole way in.
View attachment 76284
Once again good fishing. You are most definitely on your game

I am definitely done having kids, and it seems I've guaranteed it with the amount of yellow perch I eat 🤷‍♂️
Don't worry @Extra Virgin, studies have shown that a steady diet of 🍩 🍩 🍩 🍩 🍩 donuts washed down with a good serving of 🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻 beers will flush all contaminants from your system. For any hard-to-purge leftovers, a serving of very spicy Chicken Vindaloo will finish the job. I think you're good to ride the air mattress for many years to come!

Nice fish, enjoy your dose of PFAS, hope you boys are done having kids…
One of you guys again eh.. well Don't concern your self, all is good here son.
Next time you get a pile of birds like in your picture be sure to get them tested and let us know what's cooking there.
Sprayed crop fields..contaminated ground, contaminated plants, contaminated grains, contaminated bugs.. Likely not a clean bill of health there either.
Did you shoot them birds with lead shot..then eat them!..? Hopefully your smart enough not to eat the pellets too but I'll bet dollars to donuts you willingly ate birds that you contaminated with lead..trace ammount yes but HEAVY METAL CONTAMINATED NONE THE LESS!
Lead shot is the best. Gobs of knock down powers for them big roosters.

Get the fast food you & yours are going to eat this week tested and see how that checks out.
Check the meats&greens your buying at a local butcher or grocery store too.. which brings us back to the contaminated ground/fields where the grains were grown to feed such animals and grow lush plants.
Test the air your breathing in the city when the air is thick enough to cut or the fresh clean air in the country when the tractors are spraying who knows what on there fields to kill all weeds and make plants grow picture perfect. How about the water you drink and wash with..?.
PLAY THE WHOLE GAME IF THATS THE GAME YOUR GOING TO PLAY.

Unless your in the far north breathing air that ain't been breathed before or taking animals that never seen a crop field I would be hard pressed to believe that anything is "clean/good/safe" to ingest anymore.

Eating A few smoked trout & salmon a year is the least of my concern after considering everything else in this world.

Yup one of those guys…Eat em all up, couldn’t give 2 chits, when your in the hospital full of liver tumours and wondering where u went wrong, you’ll always have those pictures of that “quality “ meat…posting limits every 4 days leads me to believe you might be eating more than a couple smoked fish a year. Keep up the good work, I like reading your reports. My reply was just a reminder to the rest of the group that the provincial government prints a fish eating guide for a reason, take it for what it is…and by the way I’m a organic vegetarian that breathes canned air

Last edited:
Well said SIX_GRAND. (y) (y) (y)
Makes me think of the Hamilton water intake around the corner from the Hamilton Harbour Windermere basin sewage treatment plant that feeds TIM HORTONS Coffee pots. MMMMM I think we could go on and on.
Myself, if you abuse yourself, eat a little dirt 🍻🍻your body gets more immune.(y):D
Did you know the Tuna caught off the east coast is 5 times over mercury contaminated, it's shipped to Japan, canned and sent back.

Last edited:
Yup one of those guys…Eat em all up, couldn’t give 2 chits, when your in the hospital full of liver tumours and wondering where u went wrong, you’ll always have those pictures of that “quality “ meat…posting limits every 4 days leads me to believe you might be eating more than a couple smoked fish a year. Keep up the good work, I like reading your reports. My reply was just a reminder to the rest of the group that the provincial government prints a fish eating guide for a reason, take it for what it is…and by the way I’m a organic vegetarian that breathes canned air

Well if it's just a reminder to the death of the group then why not put up your own thread about it and educate the folks.? Many of these anglers on the group aren't rookies.. hell some of them are creeping up on what looks to be a century! They know what they are doing when they going fishing and eat what the catch.

I manage to fish with an awful lot of good anglers and catch fish on the regular.. that shouldn't lead you to believe for a second that im eating more then a fish or 2 a year.. most of it is given away..80% of the trout/salmon for sure, not my flavor unless it's smoked.
lot of old fisherman that wish they could still go out and catch there own but can't.. so I'll gladly do for them. Gifts man! No gas money or chip-ins on what it cost to fish.. just give it away.

Heres the break down from yesterday's catch .. 2 anglers..even split on the catch(always). Buddy don't smoke fish and niether do I..but I know a guy.. He won't take money from me to smoke them he only ever wants a fish or 2 for his service.. he will probably take 3 sides. That leaves 7 left.. Split 3.5 each. I'll keep the .5 and give the rest of my share away and what buddy does with his I don't give a rats ass.
Walleye went fast..taker on the 1st txt.. " Want a few fresh fish, you will have to clean them your self..?" Gone just like that.

I'm a fishermen. Its all I like to do. I don't golf or watch care races or go to the county fair's or shit like that.. I just fish. All my spare time goes to fishing and all my spare fish goes to who ever gets it first. Its nothing to cook 8lbs of walleye and have not a piece left once I invite a few people over. No charge for that either. My only fee ever is "be grateful, put me in your prayers and hope I catch more so we can do it again".
Maybe that's why I get to post what you call "limits every 4 days".. or maybe it's becouse I go fishing when ever the weather is good enough to go. Nature waits for no man.

I posted a fishing report about fishing in LPB on stomps channel6-8 under FISHING REPORTS to shared my results/findings for those who would like to know about such things. It appears there are a fair ammount of anglers that like to know these things.
Just Leave it alone if its not for you and don't worry self or assume how much I'm eating.. It's my table and I'll put on it what I please.

Trying to bum every body out becouse you assumed something and wish nothing but the worst for me and every one else that keeps lake Erie fish by the sounds of it all.. why?

Again, I put up a fishing report.. if you are truly concerned about educating the anglers on this forum about the dangers of eating great lakes fish and inform those who dont know the ministry puts out a book of guide lines for consummation then start your own thread about it.

I normally follow the Guide to Eating Ontario Sportfish, but man I have to say, after reading this and looking up other news sources (which includes Great Lakes Fish Commission), this is pretty eye opening. It appears they haven't really been testing for PFAS up until recently. And its VERY surprising how high yellow perch tested.

I love eating Great Lakes fish, but this isn't good news at all.
Why do they say the toxins are in the fish we catch with a rod but are lower levels when harvested by a net and sold in store 🤔

Why do they say the toxins are in the fish we catch with a rod but are lower levels when harvested by a net and sold in store 🤔
I would find it hard to believe almost anything posted on media. I did a quick search and found controversial write ups stating that PFAS’s can be in almost anything in the food industry including the soil vegetables are grown in all the way to the packaging they are sold in. We all know that no one will put their thumb down on the commercial food industry. No doubt they are in the fish but don’t be fooled but the thought that anything sold commercially would ever be better.
The old boys had it figured out with their gardens, pickling, canning and home grown pastured animals!

Great fishing report @SIX-GRAND I’m also hoping to get out off of Glasgow on Saturday. First time to Erie this year so hopefully the stars align for us!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks