Need advise for LPB Bass or Pike

MiKee

Hello All,
I am new here to the forum! I came across this forum few days before bass opener as I was trying to research Bass or Pike fishing closer to where I live in Burlington. I was very impressed with the community, the posts and the kindness of everyone and how helpful you guys are!!

I am relatively a new Bass angler and have not fished LPB before but after being on this forum and doing a bit more research I got very excited as what people are sharing for abundance of bass and pike is on LPB, really awesome compared to where I usually go up north!
I did try LPB on bass opener this year for the first time and was skunked badly after being on the boat from 4am to 2pm, I was not demotivated much, as it was not just me, everyone was having a hard time on the bay for bass on opening day.

I am planning another trip to LPB this Friday (after tomorrow) with my young boy 11yod and was hoping that you awesome people will be able to give us some advise:

1- Where are good spots for Bass (small or large) or Pike in the bay or around the bay?
I just dont want to be skunked again, hopefully!! just please try to be specific or if you are kind enough you can share coordinates of any good spots, I know its a trade secret, but I will promise I will not share them with anyone and I will delete them after my first successful catch LOL :)
2- what are good baits to use?

I greatly appreciate your help and thank you so much in advance!!

Cast spinnerbaits in weedy clear water. There are largemouth and pike everywhere. The whole inner bay is one big salad so no coordinates are better than others.

Cast spinnerbaits in weedy clear water. There are largemouth and pike everywhere. The whole inner bay is one big salad so no coordinates are better than others.
Thank you @Wildfire !! I tried that on bass opening day and it was a sad day :(
Any spots outside inner bay? or close by ?

Thank you @Wildfire !! I tried that on bass opening day and it was a sad day :(
Any spots outside inner bay? or close by ?
Literally the entire shoreline from turkey point to the long point company cottages, so.. the whole thing. Also look for weed beds off the northwest shore.

Clear water is key though. Sight feeders don’t eat in muddy water.

This might help.

1689208095246.gif
Ignore the bacon strips for smallmouth though. They’re not there. There is honestly No one place better than any other place for Largemouth and Pike in the inner bay. If one spot doesn’t produce, move.

This might help.

View attachment 76245
Ignore the bacon strips for smallmouth though. They’re not there. There is honestly No one place better than any other place for Largemouth and Pike in the inner bay. If one spot doesn’t produce, move.
Meh....I disagree. There are lots of consistent spots for largemouth and pike that are much better than others. I have several key bass spots that I found over the years and produce more and bigger fish . The key is to put the work and time in. You are right you can catch bass and pike everywhere but the difference is a 10 bass day to a 35 bass day.
Best to fish to your strengths. Explore . Try different areas and let the wind tell you where to fish. It will often dictate the best fishing.

Mikee ;

You didn't mention what size boat you are using ? It might determine where to send you and where to launch from. I would also recommend checking out the MAP section on this sites header or a proper nautical chart to get a better picture of the Inner or Outer Bay water depths. I would run the motor in the Tilt mode in case you hit the odd sunken log or a shallow area which can reach out a long ways off the marsh/shoreline. Needless to say doublecheck the weather reports as the Inner Bay can get rough in a hurry ! I use the WindFinder app as it is fairly accurate.

Meh....I disagree. There are lots of consistent spots for largemouth and pike that are much better than others. I have several key bass spots that I found over the years and produce more and bigger fish . The key is to put the work and time in. You are right you can catch bass and pike everywhere but the difference is a 10 bass day to a 35 bass day.
Best to fish to your strengths. Explore . Try different areas and let the wind tell you where to fish. It will often dictate the best fishing.
Thank you @jerk bait
I was hoping to get starting point or spot, since I am going with my younger child and want him to stay motivated!!

Mikee ;

You didn't mention what size boat you are using ? It might determine where to send you and where to launch from. I would also recommend checking out the MAP section on this sites header or a proper nautical chart to get a better picture of the Inner or Outer Bay water depths. I would run the motor in the Tilt mode in case you hit the odd sunken log or a shallow area which can reach out a long ways off the marsh/shoreline. Needless to say doublecheck the weather reports as the Inner Bay can get rough in a hurry ! I use the WindFinder app as it is fairly accurate.
Thank you @Old Cut LongPointer !
I have an 18ft Legend with 75HP motor and trolling motor, I think I might be ok in most spots.. Just looking for pointers?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks