Off Topic Grossest thing Ive ever dealt with - aka what I go thru just to fish

Elmerfudd

So the elmerfudds late to the elbow party this year. Winterized. Emptied of everything (thank God) and put up for the winter in a friends barn. Picked it up a few weeks ago and brought it home. Unable to get it ready for the water due to my recent relocation from Hamilton to a house in Renton. Moving into new place and opening cottage plus chores etc has me up to my ass. So hey long weekend coming. I gotta fish! Heck with the house, get the boat ready. Today i pulled the cover and immediately went oh oh. Dead smell. Dead - liquefied dead. Gross. Enough to turn a starving buzzard dead. Raccoon inside my head/electrics/console. Dead but juicy and moving. Think u get my drift. Had to shower twice to get the odor out of my sinuses after using a whole gallon of bleach and a hazmat suit to clean up the mess. Ugh.
Hopefully its aired out tomorrow so i can get on with rigging.

I better catch fish this weekend.

What a drag. This fall maybe invest in a boat wrap. When they heat it you get a great tight seal and that might help to keep the racoons out!
Good luck on the water!

Brutal... That's a kick in the nuts... Hopefully no damage other than smell... Vinegar and Dettol are your best friends...

On a side note... Welcome to the hood... I'm about 15 minutes North west of you... ;) Good luck...

Sorry to hear that. After listening to your description I think I can smell it a bit where I am.

I had the same sort of thing happen years ago. I stored my large salmon net in the covered boat for winter storage and a farm cat found the fishy smelling net irresistible I guess. By the time I found it in the spring, it was bleached bones, hair and snail marks leading away from the scene. Ewhhh!
Funny thing was, I went to Home Depot to get some professional carpet cleaning agent and the kid there asked "do you have a pet stain on your carpet ?"
And I answered " ah yeah, sorta"

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks