LP Lighthouse-Elbow

Chico

A little late, but, got out Sunday a.m. dark and early, lake was like glass. Setting the 1st line at 6am, Rainbow hits Bandit at the surface as I'm letting about 30' of line out. Scrambled to grab the rod from going over as I was hooking the cannonball to the rigger. Marked numerous fish for the next hour or so with no luck. I was in water between 55 and 100'. Rainbow hit in 55 fow. Tried riggers, lead and dispys all at various depths, using bandits, RRF, spoons and flies. Then a double header. One on 7 colour lead, the other on the rigger down 60ft. 2 walleye come to the boat on gold and orange spoons. Larger of the 2 was bringing up all sorts of smelt. Walleye were in 95 fow. Went back over the same area couple more passes with no luck. Spotted a couple rainbow on the surface, bringing a spinning reel next trip to throw something at them.

Attachments

• 20230528_135022.jpg
    20230528_135022.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
60' down over 95' FOW in May!! I figured the water out there would be way to cold to hold walleye yet... Well Done!!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks