Cold Spring?

chesapeakeman

I've been out a few times this spring at Port Burwell and Port Bruce, fishing of the piers. Trying for Channel catfish, and caught one and lost one a week ago. Nothing since then. Lots of other fisherpersons out, very few fish caught. Only the odd sheephead or white perch. The general opinion is that it's just been too cold this spring, with frost at night this past week. Until yesterday the lake has been way too rough for boating, with muddy water well offshore. Yellow Perch fishers I,ve spoken to haven't done well. Some suggesting fishing won't pick up until June. If others have done well, possibly elsewhere please speek up.

LPB around EC10 was good for perch last weekend. Very steady action as we went through two health scoops of minnows. Unfortunately that area is now closed due to the bass sanctuary.... I as well am looking for options on where to go get some more lake erie gold.

I've been out a few times this spring at Port Burwell and Port Bruce, fishing of the piers. Trying for Channel catfish, and caught one and lost one a week ago. Nothing since then. Lots of other fisherpersons out, very few fish caught. Only the odd sheephead or white perch. The general opinion is that it's just been too cold this spring, with frost at night this past week. Until yesterday the lake has been way too rough for boating, with muddy water well offshore. Yellow Perch fishers I,ve spoken to haven't done well. Some suggesting fishing won't pick up until June. If others have done well, possibly elsewhere please speek up.
Are you fishing at night for catts? 10x’s better than day fishing.

Haven't stayed for night fishing, as temps have been down into single didgits. Have tried from afternoon until just before dark. I figured the water would be warmest by then. I figured night fishing would be best when it is finally warm at night. Willing to give night fishing a try, however if anyone has done so successfully lately.

I have been keeping track of the Buoy temperature on every Sunday's highest. April 23rd-41.9. 30th-43.7. May 7th-52.3. 14th-52.2. 21st-52.0
We have been dropping all month. Warm up next week. 🤞

lots of cats already way up river in the log jams, fishing the pier so close to the lake might be to cold for them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks