Off Topic Anyone get frost?

We risked it this year and planted almost everything already. Just tented anything that was susceptible to frost in poly, seemed to work fine. The palm would have been fine ether way but frost has browned the tips in the past. Veggies that's are seedlings are all frost hardy and the ones that aren't still haven't sprouted yet. Hopefully that's the last frost of this spring season.
I got the dahlias covered in feed bags and reusable shopping bags. Did the trick, not sure how much frost we got but I knew I saved all these bags for a reason lol

Attachments

• 10A815D0-CB33-4DCB-A7FC-ABE5E02AAB72.jpeg
    10A815D0-CB33-4DCB-A7FC-ABE5E02AAB72.jpeg
    487.2 KB · Views: 6
Frost pretty heavy in Woodstock. Glad I put the frost hats on

Attachments

• PXL_20230518_002245585.jpg
    PXL_20230518_002245585.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 8
Had a bit of frost in Clear Creek but with those lows we had the past couple of nights was to be expected. Funny... the frost doesn't kill the weeds ?
Long range forecast looks good after some rain tonight(Friday).

No frost in Brantford, at least at my place this morning. I was up at 6, so I think I would have caught it.

Went for my weakly asparagus pasture walk today and realized just how heavy the frost was. What could have been a 10 pound day turned out to be 1 1/2 pounds. 80 or 90 % of stalks frozen and flattened out. Hoping for a better pick next week.

Wednesday and Thursday morning we had a bit of frost near burford. There was a touch last night around 2 am when I was awoken by squaking chickens and ran out with the pest dispatching device in bare feet.

Friggin gate latch didn’t completely close last night when I put the chickens to bed and mr possum decided to eat the fertilized eggs my hens were laying on. :mad::mad::mad:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks