Port Dalhousie on Friday???

rcfire77

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
After my trip with @Derkd9 to port Dalhousie on Monday. My buddy who was on shift that day has been bugging me to go back. So Friday it just might be? Him and I equals 2 so I will have 2 more spots available to anyone who feels like tagging along? Let me know. Those fish were Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_6452.jpeg
    IMG_6452.jpeg
    466.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1838.jpeg
    IMG_1838.jpeg
    280.4 KB · Views: 34
Wish I wasn’t working or I’d be there!
Fishing only going to get better out there!
Good luck on your trip Friday and whoever the lucky people are that go with.. 😊

rcfire how did you make out?
We launched out of Port Weller and headed right for the US side and we started by the red van in 45 fow and we were marking fish right away. We worked our way out to 170-190 and marked a ton of bait and I truely mean a ton of bait the whole time we were over there. I’ve never marked bait like that before nor the number of fish. We went 6 for 10 and in ways I was surprised we got the 6 with the amount of bait. The bellies were full of smelt and alewife. Our best setup was meat rig running down 100-120 over 170-190. Temps down were anywhere from 44 up to 48.5. All in all a great day and a total of approx 40 miles between running over and then trolling and heading back in. The midges were not bad at all with only a period of about 30 minutes when the wind died down.

I never made it today. No one replied to my invitation and it’s a pretty big boat to launch without at least 3 guys. On Monday we marked so many fish as well as bait on the US side between 160-170. We ended up 4 for 7/8.

I spent a few hours on our side and marking a fish here or there. We went across onto the US side (a fellow fisherman told us where to go) and it was almost like the salmon did not have a Canadian passport and we’re stuck on that side of the border?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks