Off Topic Lithium batteries

Alby

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Has anyone been running these for their trolling motors and what kind i know they are pricey trying to get some info on them before taking the plunge thx in advance

I dipped my toe in last year. I bought these. I had issues with getting a full day from my MotorGuide 24v even in a new boat with new batteries. I am one to be on the electric alot and when jigging the D some days your on it all day. I have only ran them for 1 season so I won't speak to their longevity but my time on the water has been trouble free and I have not ran them even close to dead yet. They carry a great warranty and the customer service when I had questions wasn't super fast but I did get responses in a timely manner.

I am running lithium's in my Ranger, has been two seasons now and I will never go back. I have a 36V ghost trolling motor and am on the water roughly 100 days a year between Ontario and Florida. Got rid of a couple hundred pounds of weight out of my boat and I like the 10 year warranty on mine.

Has anyone tried using a single 24 volt 100ah po4 lithium battery instead of 2 12 volt in a series or a single 36 volt instead of 3? The weight difference and price is minimal but they take up less space than multiple batteries.

I am running lithium's in my Ranger, has been two seasons now and I will never go back. I have a 36V ghost trolling motor and am on the water roughly 100 days a year between Ontario and Florida. Got rid of a couple hundred pounds of weight out of my boat and I like the 10 year warranty on mine.
Sounds great Bandwagon! May I ask- who makes these batteries? Thanks Walleyeman.

Thanks Wave Runner and Bandwagon. I appreciate that.
If you buy them under the Tracker brand at Cabela's they are still expensive but much less than under the Relion brand name. Relion makes them but unsure if it's exactly the same battery make up, probably is but you just pay for the name like a lot of things.

I bit the bullet and purchased Lithium batteries and new charger to be able to stay out longer. My acid only last two seasons and then are weak at best. Hope the last the test of time as advertised. I purchased mine at Bills Bait in Hamilton. They selling Norsk brand Lithium batteries.

If you buy them under the Tracker brand at Cabela's they are still expensive but much less than under the Relion brand name. Relion makes them but unsure if it's exactly the same battery make up, probably is but you just pay for the name like a lot of things.
Went into the shop today and verified they are RELiON batteries.

Just read an article saying China Is on the verge of releasing their Sodium Ion batteries which will supposedly have better capacity, not explode like Lithium and not suck in the colder weather. Currently 20 plants worldwide being built to manufacture these new Sodium Ion batteries with Tesla being one of them. 16 of the 20 plants are in China at this point but with the huge deposits of Sodium Ash in the US, it would appear that if this technology sticks for a while, possibly North American factories could reduce the reliance on China supply.

Have any of you had any issues with insurance re: having Lithium batteries on board?

Also, if you are looking for a credible source for Li-po batteries, check out these
https://www.epochbatteries.com/collections/all-applications

Also, a great resource here for everything marine electrical.

Have any of you had any issues with insurance re: having Lithium batteries on board?

Also, if you are looking for a credible source for Li-po batteries, check out these
https://www.epochbatteries.com/collections/all-applications

Also, a great resource here for everything marine electrical.
No insurance issues. I don't understand why they would, the batteries are designed for marine purposes?

No insurance issues. I don't understand why they would, the batteries are designed for marine purposes?
Just the recent attention lithium is getting. You know insurance companies they’ll cover there asses at the 1st sign of rusk.
I did email my insurance company and they have no restrictions but advise against using my engine to charge them.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks