Fishing Report I didn't miss anything.....(No still wasn't me fishin)

Trevor M

So I was going to attempt to go park my butt on the pier this morning after I dropped my wife off at work. As you may have read in another post, I didn't sleep well last night, so I decided to come home and go back to bed instead trying to drive to the lake and back knowing it wouldn't have been safe for me to do so. (bit of a difference between a 5 minute drive to drop my wife off, and a half hour+ drive to get to the lake.) Took me a while, but I FINALLY managed to fall asleep, and stay asleep. I just woke up, and when I checked my phone to see if I'd missed any calls, (I hadn't) there was a text from one of my friends I'll fish with on the pier every once in a while.

He tells me the water was still "really dirty" as he put it, so he stayed by the parking lot instead of further out because the water was "slightly clearer there, but not much." He managed to catch a sheephead. Told me there was one other guy fishin today out at the end of the pier and he'd had bit better luck as he'd caught a sheephead, a catfish, and a couple of rock bass.

So although I didn't make it down to wet a line as I had hoped I would this week, what he told me only confirms what I already knew. It's early still. REALLY early, and I didn't miss anything by going back to bed. It was May 11th before I got out last year, and I came home with 7 that day. Given the weather forecast for the next week, looking like it might be around then again this year before I get out, if not a little longer.

But as you can see by the photos. I'm not all that worried about not getting out yet. I still have a bit left from last year. The first picture is what the seafood section of our freezer looked like when I went into hibernation end of August last year......the other is what I have left as of 10 minutes ago. I have enough still for a couple weeks at least, but I'm almost out of perch now.

Attachments

• Seafood section of our freezer Aug 28 2022.jpg
    Seafood section of our freezer Aug 28 2022.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Seafood section of the freezer April 27 2023 What's left from LAST season..jpg
    Seafood section of the freezer April 27 2023 What's left from LAST season..jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks