Cordless Fillet Knife

Beagles

Does anyone have a cordless fillet knife, that works great? I have used my mister twister for the last 20 yrs. but would like to try a cordless, with the smaller blades for perch. Or, alternately, do any of the small skinny blades, fit in my mister twister? Thanks!

I boughtba bubba and lots of blade options. Some meat loss on perch but when u clean a limit or 2 its so much faster than hand bombing. No meat loss on pickerel or salmon. Haven't tried it on pike but its rare i keep a pike

I have the Bubba as well, love it. Actually bought the mister twister blades for doing the perch. They fit in the Bubba and seem to a better job on Perch for me. I saw a guy on You tube doing this so thought I would try it. See if these links work. They just show the difference between the two blades using the Bubba .

Just be aware if you're shopping for a Bubba, there are two models. Bubba Pro is much more powerful but also more expensive than the standard Bubba.

Screenshot_20230417-202532.png

Last edited:
I have a Rapala (Model PGEFR) This year will be the 5th year I've had it. Athough I do have replacement blades for it, I haven't had to change the bigger one, but will be replacing the smaller one I use for perch this year because it got well used over the past 4 years. It's cordless and came with 2 batteries. I can totally drain any remaining charge each battery may have by pushing a button on the charging base, and then once drained it will charge them to a full charge each time.

I charge them 1 the night before and 1 the morning of any fishin trip I've planned so that I have 2 fully charged batteries when I get home to clean any fish I've caught that wanted to come for a ride. (when doing a limit of perch that comes in handy, but generally one battery will do if I have less than a limit.)

It's worked well on any species of fish I've brought home for the freezer over the years. Walleye, perch, catfish, pike, rainbows.

But as they taught me way back when I was cooking for a living, it's not the knife, but how sharp it is, and more importantly, the skill of the person using it, that determines how well a knife works.

I have the Bubba as well, love it. Actually bought the mister twister blades for doing the perch. They fit in the Bubba and seem to a better job on Perch for me. I saw a guy on You tube doing this so thought I would try it. See if these links work. They just show the difference between the two blades using the Bubba .
I'm going to give the 9" a try this summer. I like the more straight blade, I have often been annoyed by the fillet riding up the blade with the curved/pointed Bubba knives. I've actually started using the 12" blade to give me more area of straight blade. Feels like I'm wielding a sword...

Well Beagles, I'm a guy who has been through a lot of fillet knives, cordless, electric and standard. I'm still looking. Like you, a buddy of mine uses a Mister Twister electric and swears by them. He processes lots of fish and is not gentle on his knifes. If my heavy duty Rapala electric fails I'll definitely go to Mister Twister. I've had no luck with battery powered knives. My guess is that they are not powerful enough and people like me force them into submission. If Bubba markets a heavy duty battery powered knife, it may be the way to go.

Again no complaints w the bubba lithium model. A single battery cleans a cpl of limits of perch in no time and while i lose a little meat vs hand fillet the gain in time is worth it. It works better on larger fish, salmon and pickerel. I habe ots of experience w corded electric knives in gulf of Mexico but new battery models are money

With the back, hip and shoulder issues I have, I know that the battery operated Rapala I have that I mentioned has saved me an awful lot of pain over the years since I got it. Generally if I have less than 5 to clean, I'll do it by hand, but anymore than that, I'm using the Rapala.

Well Beagles, I'm a guy who has been through a lot of fillet knives, cordless, electric and standard. I'm still looking. Like you, a buddy of mine uses a Mister Twister electric and swears by them. He processes lots of fish and is not gentle on his knifes. If my heavy duty Rapala electric fails I'll definitely go to Mister Twister. I've had no luck with battery powered knives. My guess is that they are not powerful enough and people like me force them into submission. If Bubba markets a heavy duty battery powered knife, it may be the way to go.
I don't think you will every be satisfied with battery powered unless there is some major innovation in Amps vs size.
I have the Bubba pro lithium, I clean a lot of fish every day, you have to let the knife do its thing, if you force it the results will not be good.

I have the heavy duty Rapala cordless. Its good, but Ive used a Bubba and there is a pretty significant power advantage with the Bubba. I find the Rap a bit lacking...still OK but slow.

I use the Rapala Ion cordless. My first year up north at the fly in lodge I took my Rapala with me that I’ve had for a few years. The first year there I cleaned approx 1500 walleye and pike in 6 weeks. Came home to do my fishing here and still ran good. The next year up there I cleaned approx 2000 fish but had to get another new one flown in only because of the latch that holds the blades in broke. Very durable knives in my opinion.
Last weekend when I cleaned those perch for my son I told him he should have text me to charge up the batteries.
My 2 Ion’s sat outside all winter long at my
fish cleaning station and the batteries still had a good charge in them to clean their perch.
To me that says a lot for the value.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks