Potatoes

hvyhaul

Never encountered potatoes the likes of these.

Cook resistant spuds, over 2 hours on the BBQ and up to an additional 50 minutes on high in the nuclear reactor box. 🌻

btaytoes.jpg

now those are the ugliest potatoes I ever seen. did you eat them? were they "fluffy" Were they Russets?

I think the appearance is only "skin" deep, they will be eaten over the next day or two.

Not sure the type but I'm sure FF makers fight tooth and nail for these monster spuds. LOL 🌻

Maybe something wrong with your appliances ? Mind you those are monster spuds you got there !

Don't think so, BBQ cooked 12 steaks one meal and burgers and sausages a couple times without issue.

prymstk.jpg

I'm suspecting the size of spud is the problem.

Did foil wrapped sliced spuds with the steaks, they cooked just fine. 🌻

Them's spuds got some size to'em. Poke'em with a fork several times before wrapping and cooking next time. That should help a bit. Also, regardless of what you're cooking that you're wrapping in tin foil, make sure that whatever it is, is against the "shiny" side of the tin foil. Yeah I know, tin foil is shiny as it is, but one side is duller than the other for a reason, the "shiny" side will reflect some of the heat, the duller side lets it through. (there are those out there who don't know that)

Last edited:
Looks like they get an all expenses paid trip to the compost pile!!

Thanks for all the recommendations, I think. 🤔

Fried up a part of one for supper, delish. 😋

Might have been the home made Hickory smoked salt and pepper that pushed it over the top. 😁 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks